10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure he is not trusted. There has been a change in Pep's tactics with both Gvardiol and Ake playing much higher on the left side with the aim of overload, so both Grealish and Doku were utilized less. The same happened with John - he finally stopped using one of the CBs in the MF. Even when they find themselves in that role (mostly Akanji) they are more sporadic intervals and incursion than spending 90% time on the pitch in that role. And the results improved.
Thank God! That idea had been stale since the CL final but dragged on for months... Yuk! Glad we finally have an actual midfielder playing the role. The idea that we had Kova, Bernardo, and even Nunez and yet persisted with that nonsense for as long as we did was crazy.

Pep has fired a lot of shots his way this season too, more so than any other player I think. Wouldn't be surprised if a champions league qualified Villa make an enquiry this summer. He's three years in and not really a sniff of a new deal either.

On the contrary, I think he is best in this format
Well, he probably would be but Pep hasn’t really played him there during his 3 years. Plus when Doku came on he played out wide. I was very surprised Pep went for Doku over Grealish, it worked a treat but i expected him to go for a shoot shot and keep the ball job. The signs aren’t looking great for Jack as Doku has so much potential and Savio may come in.

Pep has nearly always picked his “Best XI” for the run-ins, because there’s no need for rotation when the season is about to end, and the team has gelled and is winning.

With the number of goals we have scored recently, esp after everyone saying the GD had gone, it had been a Herculean effort to get us here on top and within touching distance.

This team has broken records and continues to do so, so once we were out of the CL, and had better recovery time, it was always going to be this team that got us to the end, unless someone get injured or played particularly poorly. Given those thresholds, I’m not sure anyone has deserved being dropped for anyone on the bench.

Grealish has a rather paltry 1,001 minutes of League football in a total of 2,114 minutes, and he has only played 4 consecutive league games once this season. He's also been involved in only 3 of 8 international meetings.

Should he be going to the Euros? Based on the above and his form, one would probably conclude not.

Well, he probably would be but Pep hasn’t really played him there during his 3 years. Plus when Doku came on he played out wide. I was very surprised Pep went for Doku over Grealish, it worked a treat but i expected him to go for a shoot shot and keep the ball job. The signs aren’t looking great for Jack as Doku has so much potential and Savio may come in.
I'm not a fan of Davio personally, and I think Grealish more than holds his own against him. But I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.