10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

He has been way to easy to defend the last 2 games. All too predictable and semedo read him like a book each time. He isn't a winger. Not sure where he goes next but I'm not happy when doku gets shunted out right to accommodate grealish and then the ball gets played out left all the time. Grealish can do his stuff on the right because nothing is happening on the left anyway.

"Shunted out right"

Christ

Grealish did not play well but I did not see anything wrong to bring on a new player who won MOTM last time we visited this stadium to give a try after 80 minutes!

Doku did not have luck on the left then Grealish was subbed on to ALLOW Doku moving to the right after 80 minutes. The ball was playing right first, nothing happened then our backline tried left several times.

TBH the shot from Philipps was the closest one to score in the last 30min and I thought Grealish pass was on the point. A very much needed quality after watching Doku and Mateo wild passes all the game!

Last edited:
He has been way to easy to defend the last 2 games. All too predictable and semedo read him like a book each time. He isn't a winger. Not sure where he goes next but I'm not happy when doku gets shunted out right to accommodate grealish and then the ball gets played out left all the time. Grealish can do his stuff on the right because nothing is happening on the left anyway.
“Shunted out right to accommodate Grealish.”

Have you been in a coma for the last 12 months?

"Shunted out right"

Christ

Grealish did not play well but I did not see anything wrong to bring on a new player who won MOTM last time we visited this stadium to give a try after 80 minutes!

Doku did not have luck on the left then Grealish was subbed on to ALLOW Doku moving to the right after 80 minutes. The ball was playing right first, nothing happened then our backline tried left several times.

TBH the shot from Philipps was the closest one to score in the last 30min and I thought Grealish pass was on the point. A very much needed quality after watching Doku and Mateo wild passes all the game!
Was referencing newcastle as well. You play to your strengths and grealish on the left isn't one of those against a low block with little space. Defenders have had 0 problem against him recently, pep has to try something different with him.

“Shunted out right to accommodate Grealish.”

Have you been in a coma for the last 12 months?
Well considering doku only signed this year, your comment is irrelevant. Grealish genuinely does not scare a single right back right now. They can read his every move. Pep needs to try something different with him.

Was referencing newcastle as well. You play to your strengths and grealish on the left isn't one of those against a low block with little space. Defenders have had 0 problem against him recently, pep has to try something different with him.

Pep said post Newcastle match he just wanted to give him minutes after injury. And he brought on Doku after Grealish had no luck in the Newcastle game didn't he?

Grealish on the left won us every game last season against low block or not. He played Wolves twice and was both excellent. So I did not see any reason why he didn't deserve 10minutes. Frankly speaking he did generate a good shot opportunity instead of shooting and passing wildly to no man's land.

Grealish genuinely does not scare a single right back right now. They can read his every move. Pep needs to try something different with him.
Apparently it is Grealish's fault that Semedo played his best game.

Pep said post Newcastle match he just wanted to give him minutes after injury. And he brought on Doku after Grealish had no luck in the Newcastle game didn't he?

Grealish on the left won us every game last season against low block or not. He played Wolves twice and was both excellent. So I did not see any reason why he didn't deserve 10minutes. Frankly speaking he did generate a good shot opportunity instead of shooting and passing wildly to no man's land.
Grealish won us every game? Not sure what that is meant to imply as he most certainly did not. He was about our 9th or 10th best player last year. KDB, Haaland, Bernardo, Stones, Rodri, Dias, Ederson, Gundogan, Ake.
Apparently it is Grealish's fault that Semedo played his best game.
Semedo had 0 problem, didn't need to try.

No offence pal but when you have the amount of elite players city have, it can elevate others around and make their job easier but once some of those are out and it now relies more on you, that's when chickens come home to roost and grealish is not a winger. When you are passing to grealish and hoping for something off that wing, it ain't him. He needs a more free role if he is to be heavily relied upon. Doku is an actual winger and should take priority going forward when we are looking for something to be generated 1 on 1. If pep wants a more secure keep the ball style then cool, grealish is gonna be out there.

He put doku our right to keep grealish on the left. Why? Grealish didn't do anything and continued to not do anything and he eventually changed it. I actually think Jack should have got the chance Oscar bobb got more centrally to see if grealish has what it takes in there as I think he may just do but who knows

Doku is an actual winger and should take priority going forward when we are looking for something to be generated 1 on 1.
That was how we played in the first 80 minutes and we lost didn't we? So why not try something different?

That was how we played in the first 80 minutes and we lost didn't we? So why not try something different?
We are obviously talking going forward. I've already said, try grealish inside. He is way too predictable out on the left, defenders know what he's gonna do, his feints ain't working anymore. He needs more cutting, 1-2s, running beyond the ball, he looks heavily restricted and if its on peps orders then that's a shame.

Edit: and it's not a good predictable either as grealish isn't quick with his decisions or movements so once its read he can only go backwards or lose the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.