10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

We are obviously talking going forward. I've already said, try grealish inside. He is way too predictable out on the left, defenders know what he's gonna do, his feints ain't working anymore. He needs more cutting, 1-2s, running beyond the ball, he looks heavily restricted and if its on peps orders then that's a shame.
No I am talking about your opinion on the sub choice.

"Shunted out right to accommodate Grealish". And IMO it was a reasonable decision.

You put it like Pep dragged Doku away from left wing when he played well, which was not.

I agree that Bobb role may be suited him better but I dont know if Bobb can play left wing. In that situation no one else could provide the width on the left.

No I am talking about your opinion on the sub choice.

"Shunted out right to accommodate Grealish". And IMO it was a reasonable decision.

You put it like Pep dragged Doku away from left wing when he played well, which was not.

I agree that Bobb role may be suited him better but I dont know if Bobb can play left wing. In that situation no one else could provide the width on the left.
That was more in reference to the Newcastle game about the shunting. That's what was on my mind when I said it.

I meant don't bring bobb on, bring grealish on in there but I know pep was just seeing how bobb would do and took a slight risk which I was fine with, I think bobb looks good but that side was a bit disjointed so not the best of times to slide in. Anyway it may have seemed harsh what I said but it was that newcastle game where nothing went down the right and it felt like a waste bringing on doku just to go down the left where grealish wasn't producing.

That was more in reference to the Newcastle game about the shunting. That's what was on my mind when I said it.

I meant don't bring bobb on, bring grealish on in there but I know pep was just seeing how bobb would do and took a slight risk which I was fine with, I think bobb looks good but that side was a bit disjointed so not the best of times to slide in. Anyway it may have seemed harsh what I said but it was that newcastle game where nothing went down the right and it felt like a waste bringing on doku just to go down the left where grealish wasn't producing.
Newcastle was more like a training session. Pep tried some ideas. If he really wanted to win he would bring on Halaand. I would not take it seriously.

About Wolves, I doubt Grealish was allowed to play that long by the medical team. If Nunes had to be subbed off the only choice was Bobb.

Anyway wingers aside I didn't think Pep's recent experiment of small lively midfield(Alvarez Bobb Foden) worked well. They offered very similar things.

He got very overrated last season, he still lacks end product. He will never justify his transfer fee. He is not a dud, but his prasie was overstated. There are a lot of players in this squad better than him and last season he was not essential to winning treble.

If Jack not essential why he always being played by Pep if he fit enough to play and being one of key player in our winning treble squad last season?

The state of this thread when we not winning.

Looked fairly rattled there with pep after the game. Id say both julian and doku getting a goal and assist will do nothing for his confidence

Looked fairly rattled there with pep after the game. Id say both julian and doku getting a goal and assist will do nothing for his confidence
Came here to say the same. I like that Pep knew he was likely feeling down.

TBF to him that Simakan guy is a beast and was getting the better of Doku as well despite Doku's goal and assist.

Came here to say the same. I like that Pep knew he was likely feeling down.

TBF to him that Simakan guy is a beast and was getting the better of Doku as well despite Doku's goal and assist.
There's a real irony to the fact that Doku got an assist by doing the Grealish signature move of drawing the defender and passing the ball back inside.

I thought he was fine tonight, and Foden was brilliant. Love their link up on the left. But sometimes you just need another option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.