10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet haven’t bothered to comment at all on his recent performances that have been very good? I won’t be butting out thanks, I’m happy to pull you on your double standards every day of the week. If it’s exhausting then pop me on ignore.
I havent posted in anyones thread after games , it takes me a day to read everything so i dont do it

Ignore sounds good to me , i have stuck without it for enough time now , bye

I thought he had a really good game vs Everton. He brings a lot of calm and control to the game which Pep loves but honestly I think instead of having Kova try and be the Gundogan replacement he should really play Grealish in that number 8 role.
From a tactics standpoint I can see why he doesn’t have Doku and Grealish together on the same side because they may be defensively weaker, than say Kova and Foden, or Grealish Kova. Him not playing Grealish and Doku not playing together honestly may just highlight the fact that our squad really isn’t that big or deep.In Peps mind with the amount of games we will end up playing this year, it may better to be able to interchange Grealish and Doku as LW’s and have that depth rather than thin out a position.

Reactions: JDV
I’m not sure where the house raid thread disappeared to…but Pep was out of order calling out players’ social media use in the presser yesterday and inadvertently blaming Jack for the break-in. Neither he nor the other players post anything on socials that would “encourage” criminals. Most of the players’ Instagram posts and stories revolve around football, in fact particularly Jack’s.

It's the media (tabloids still publishing photos of the house) and the dodgy security firms/contractors etc who are at fault, but I suppose it’s easier to blame the victim. Pep is normally on fire in press conferences but I’m really disappointed in his comments. The dressing room won’t appreciate them at all.

FWIW I think Jack will start today, not sure what leaving him on the bench will do apart from make him dwell on things.

I’m not sure where the house raid thread disappeared to…but Pep was out of order calling out players’ social media use in the presser yesterday and inadvertently blaming Jack for the break-in. Neither he nor the other players post anything on socials that would “encourage” criminals. Most of the players’ Instagram posts and stories revolve around football, in fact particularly Jack’s.

It's the media (tabloids still publishing photos of the house) and the dodgy security firms/contractors etc who are at fault, but I suppose it’s easier to blame the victim. Pep is normally on fire in press conferences but I’m really disappointed in his comments. The dressing room won’t appreciate them at all.

FWIW I think Jack will start today, not sure what leaving him on the bench will do apart from make him dwell on things.

Respectfully, I could be missing something but I do think you're reading quite a lot into the comments that maybe isn't there. The way I read it I thought it was just pointing out that players now have to contend with factors that they've not had to think about in the past. It seems quite harsh to read it as "well don't go on social media if you don't want to get robbed then", I didn't take that from what he said.

Respectfully, I could be missing something but I do think you're reading quite a lot into the comments that maybe isn't there. The way I read it I thought it was just pointing out that players now have to contend with factors that they've not had to think about in the past. It seems quite harsh to read it as "well don't go on social media if you don't want to get robbed then", I didn't take that from what he said.
Well Pep gave the Scum the headline they wanted. Maybe he should think before speaking. While he’s not wrong that modern day players have different things to contend with, the comments about social media were absolutely unnecessary. None of Jack’s social media use has ANYTHING to do with his house being burgled. Same with Kev, same with the other players. So essentially, Pep handed the hypocritical tabloids an open goal with his comments which at least on the surface, are absolutely victim-blaming. I don’t think Jack would have been too happy with any of it.

IMG_0657.jpeg

I think we should all pour our support behind Grealish in this distressful time, can't be easy for the lad, deserves one month off.

Well Pep gave the Scum the headline they wanted. Maybe he should think before speaking. While he’s not wrong that modern day players have different things to contend with, the comments about social media were absolutely unnecessary. None of Jack’s social media use has ANYTHING to do with his house being burgled. Same with Kev, same with the other players. So essentially, Pep handed the hypocritical tabloids an open goal with his comments which at least on the surface, are absolutely victim-blaming. I don’t think Jack would have been too happy with any of it.

View attachment 102767
Sound advice. What's the problem here?

Looked distracted, hesitant today, a few early moans for misplaced passes from the crowd surprised me given his whole family were involved in a despicable robbery over Christmas.

It's in Off-Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.