10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

just imagine the sheer quantity of free kicks we would have won over on the left side with Jack on the picth :D

seriously though, if you need to quieten the game down and win a free kick high up to slow the whole thing down and take the pressure off the back 5, this lad is your man. Sorely missed yesterday.

Not his greatest fan but my word we missed him yesterday on that left side.

He is a big game, big atmosphere player, he loves this type of game, indeed he thrives on it.
Absolutely bang on. He’d have retained possession in a way sadly Julian didn’t yesterday. He’d have made a huge difference imho. We need him fit asap.

Absolutely bang on. He’d have retained possession in a way sadly Julian didn’t yesterday. He’d have made a huge difference imho. We need him fit asap.
Got the feeling the injury will need an op, probably hernia, has had a terrible season Jack, everything has gone against him.

Not his greatest fan but my word we missed him yesterday on that left side.

He is a big game, big atmosphere player, he loves this type of game, indeed he thrives on it.
Not having a go but if that’s the case why are you not a fan of his? I don’t get the hate/dislike of the lad. He has ditched his natural game for the good of the team and gets slated for it. Like you said, we’d have been a far far better team yesterday with him on the field and he’s probably in everyone’s strongest team atm because they can now see what he brings to the system now he’s not playing

Not having a go but if that’s the case why are you not a fan of his? I don’t get the hate/dislike of the lad. He has ditched his natural game for the good of the team and gets slated for it. Like you said, we’d have been a far far better team yesterday with him on the field and he’s probably in everyone’s strongest team atm because they can now see what he brings to the system now he’s not playing
For a forward in this team he does not produce enough, that's the issue.

But I like his personality on the field, one weakness of our club is we are often too nice on the field, I like the way Grealish reacts to the taunts of the opposition crowd and players, he winds people up and that's a huge positive.

In saying that Grealish can often be too passive and that an issue I do have with him, when he is fired up he is 3 times the player.

I hoped this exposing Rodri will work at the end like other Pep’s masterpieces. But we are in March now, conceding the goals on the daily basis, scoring less. GD ist worst than both rivals.

Time to change and if this match brought it then it was worth.

I'm really glad Grealish has been getting love and recognition for his game lately. He's a high IQ player and such a pleasure to watch. I think Pep wants to mold Doku into Grealish but with more directness. But its hard for any player to have Jack's composure and technical crispness.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.