10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Disagree. There's a reason people like Novak Djokovic don't get rat arsed. It's because their performance is about maximizing their potential.
Drinking heavily for 6 weeks, then sweating it all out in Dubai before pre season training would have put lots of stress on his body.

I agree that we are better with him in the team though.
Where’s your evidence he was “drinking heavily for 6 weeks?” Oh wait…

Apologies if you were with him every day for those six weeks though.

Please also inform us of exactly what the other members of the squad ate and drank for the 4-5 weeks between UCL final and pre season and maybe we can then meticulously analyse their performances thereafter.

Where’s your evidence he was “drinking heavily for 6 weeks?” Oh wait…

Apologies if you were with him every day for those six weeks though.

Please also inform us of exactly what the other members of the squad ate and drank for the 4-5 weeks between UCL final and pre season and maybe we can then meticulously analyse their performances thereafter.
Take your point he may not have been drinking the whole time. But he was filmed stumbling around quite a lot. Which I do myself on occasions. But I'm not paid shit loads of dosh to play football.

Take your point he may not have been drinking the whole time. But he was filmed stumbling around quite a lot. Which I do myself on occasions. But I'm not paid shit loads of dosh to play football.
There’s no way Pep would allow a pisspot to be part of his squad. Kalvin Phillips wasn’t allowed to train because he was a couple of pounds overweight.

None of us know how much he drank over the summer after the parade, so it’s all conjecture and hypothetical.

Oddly by not playing, a few didn't appreciate what he brought to the team until he wasn't doing it.
The same few who wrote him off during his first season with us. That’s why we should stop criticising our players and support them through difficult times.

To be honest he hasn’t set the world on fire this season when he has played. Pep has called him out a couple of times and not played him a fair few times when he has been fit.

Been a weird season for him. Doesn’t look mentally right to me currently.
We put too many players in the middle this season, especially in the first weeks. If you compare Foden + Alvarez vs Gundo + KDB, the former occupies center more and rarely makes overlapping runs like KDB or deep runs like Gundo. They push wingers wider and squeeze Halaand space. It has a knockoff effect on Grealish and Bernado(when he is wide). Bernado still plays well when he moves inside but when he plays wide he is less effective than last season version Bernado. On the left hand side it is worse because Ake offers less than Walker offensively.

When Halaand was out last November Pep put Kova deeper and Josko wide and it released much more space for the rest of attacking players (Foden Grealish Alvarez and Bernado). And the team functioned better. wide men Grealish and Bernado had some good games then. later Pep reverted to insert more and more players in the middle and the conjunction made the wide men less effective again.

I do agree that there is a drop of form. But I think it is more on the tactical side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.