10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Exactly. If you’re not quite fit but named on the bench in case you can be given a few minutes - it obviously doesn’t mean you’re match fit for the England squad. Furthermore, the club would want to design his recovery training rather than have him travel just to do a bit of (not as good) training with the waistcoat.
Agreed. If he'd been declared fit, he'd have gone and quite possibly suffered an injury in training or on the pitch. Against Newcastle he was there as an option if circumstances on the pitch such as injuries to other players meant we needed him - I don't believe there was any plan to play him unless there was an emergency.

Hopefully the extra few weeks of concentrated recovery will strengthen him and get rid of the groin problem for good.

Reactions: CC1
Jacks a differing option than Saka and Foden.

He gets you up the pitch with the free kicks he wins and his ball retention is unbelievable, sort of player that England need more than City.
Not sure 'he gets you up the pitch ' . His ball retention is very good not 'unbelievable but let's have a bit of balance here - most of his ball retention is being driven backwards until he either recycles it on the half way line or gets hacked down.

Posters calling people haters is the joke, i havent seen one post stating anyone on here hates him, i realise i might have missed them though.
People can not rate the guy, thats allowed, its not hating ffs

So do you hate him or not?

If he's fit enough to be on the bench, he was fit enoguh to be called up, even if it was just to train with the squad, like Kane and Henderson were, because they're in Southgate's plans and this was the last international break before the tournament. It was important that players who are going to Germany to be there.

I don't know why you're so surprised by the idea he's on the outskirts of the England team, he has started 3 of England's last 25 competitive games.

The England squad was announced before the Newcastle game and I would imagine Southgate had spoken to Jack and they mutually decided it was better he didn't join up.

However, I agree that he needs to have a good end to the season to be certain of a place, but I'd be shocked if he was fit and didn't make it.

A quiet international break where Jack has been following a special training programme at City to get back to full fitness and the Grealish haters are just itching to come back on here to slag him off. Some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Haha. Give over mate..
So no one is allowed to not be a fan of the way Jack plays without being a "hater" ?
You're beginning to sound like a love sick teenage female. :)

For me I'm not a fan of the way Jack plays, I feel I know what he will do every time he gets the ball, and that usually means recycling it backwards or sideways to Gvardiol or Ake instead of using his undoubted skill and trying to find big Erl or Foden.
I don't hate him though.... (I reserve my hate for certain world leaders) and I will certainly support Jack when he does play.

If Pep decides to play him as a regular though in the future I will not complain as I thoroughly trust Pep's judgement in football decisions.

Last edited:
Not sure 'he gets you up the pitch ' . His ball retention is very good not 'unbelievable but let's have a bit of balance here - most of his ball retention is being driven backwards until he either recycles it on the half way line or gets hacked down.
That was exactly what Southgate said after game Vs USA in the world cup. The effect was obvious and virtually all post game reviews agreed on. He is very much needed in the national team facing high pressing teams - though we did not meet many in the World Cup but we are very likely to meet some in this Euro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.