10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

He was wonderful today and put us in a great position to finish the game with Doku against a tiring Carvajal on a yellow. Unfortunately, others did not step up.

Here's the problem with Grealish, when your most productive players are having an off night he can never be relied on to make the difference, he does what he usually does brilliantly but pop up with a goal or assist when we need it ? it just doesn't happen.

Played well but he doesn’t play great with Kev. Kev goes awol & Jack has to cover he also has gvadiol flying past him, he works better with Phil inside him as Phil does more defensively than Kev

Played well but he doesn’t play great with Kev. Kev goes awol & Jack has to cover he also has gvadiol flying past him, he works better with Phil inside him as Phil does more defensively than Kev

Actually I think that it is Akanji effect. Akanji worked better for a few minutes.

Kev Jack Gvadiol Phil barely have any game time playing together this season. So we really cannot fault any of them.

Ake has a better understanding with them perhaps but he was not on the pitch.

Did exactly what he has been doing pretty much since the day he arrived. I didn't expect any goals or assists and neither does Pep.

Was the right move to try Doku out there.

Held the ball well but we needed that spark and let’s be frank we could play another 40 mins, Jack is not that guy I’d rely on to make the difference.

The thing that bothers me around Jack is the fact that he almost never dribbles onto the defenders.

If I had a penny for every time he got the ball on the side, runs on to the defender, steps few times in place and passes back to Gvardiol, I would be a rich man.

I just don't know why is he so afraid of trying to get past players, you can lose some balls, it's fine. But if you get through, you're creating a chance. What Doku does, he made several run ins with the ball and made a big difference.

Jack has skill, good shot and pace, but his no effort to dribble is just puzzling to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.