10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you blame the player for putting price tag he didn't ask for.

Okay that's it, you already made up your mind for him. I don't bother replying your post anymore.
If he does well in any game at all I’d praise him no end. It’s just me applying cold objectivity. See he faced an old man in defense and we could hardly get take ons and good deliveries. It was all neat passing sideways. Let’s not get fooled that we battered RM. That’s what they wanted. They were getting more and more comfortable and that extra spark that wide tricky players should bring, I don’t just trust that Jack is the guy that would bring it when our backs are against the wall. Just want him to improve that’s all. I know he’s awesome but he can do a lot more honestly.

If he does well in any game at all I’d praise him no end. It’s just me applying cold objectivity. See he faced an old man in defense and we could hardly get take ons and good deliveries. It was all neat passing sideways. Let’s not get fooled that we battered RM. That’s what they wanted. They were getting more and more comfortable and that extra spark that wide tricky players should bring, I don’t just trust that Jack is the guy that would bring it when our backs are against the wall. Just want him to improve that’s all. I know he’s awesome but he can do a lot more honestly.

Do you hold the same standard to the right winger tonight? Bernado and Phil?

Do you hold the same standard to the right winger tonight? Bernado and Phil?
They were poor by their usual standards but the difference between him and the two players you mention is this:

Phil was a victim of the conundrum of having two of our best 10s in the same line up hence he had to go wide. Bernardo on the other hand had to do more of the midfield grafting rather than the role he played when we battered them last time out because of the same conundrum given that he is the one anyone (who has him, KDB and Foden) would trust against the second best team in europe in a knock out QF match. Jack on the other hand has that role made for him at City and in fact we have had to move other players to other positions in order to make wide left his own. Also given that Erling is always in the minds of central defenders, I just think he was the man who I looked up to to provide that extra bit of spark but there was little end product from him unfortunately.

Jack on the other hand has that role made for him at City and in fact we have had to move other players to other positions in order to make wide left his own.
Who told you this?

Pep publicly said this season in an interview he viewed Grealish as a typical midfielder but chose to play him wide.

Who told you this?

Pep publicly said this season in an interview he viewed Grealish as a typical midfielder but chose to play him wide.
Well actions speak louder than words. Pep wouldn’t intentionally hurt his own chances. Bernardo has played in RW, LW, central midfield and the rest. Foden is similar but Grealish is not even being played at RW. Pep is usually very gracious in his words to everybody but when you want to know who he trusts in certain roles, look at what the line up is saying.

Many-a-player will kill to have a role given to them without the constant shuffling so he needs to take advantage of the opportunity to deliver more end product at LW or convince the gaffer who sees him everyday in training that he is better suited elsewhere.

Still want to see him in a more centre midfield role. He carries the ball so well when he has space to run into and get moving.

Out wide you only get a small amount of space to work in and he clearly doesn't trust his acceleration off the mark to beat a defender in 5 yards of space. Look how much more comfortable he looks running at a player when he drifts more central now and again.

he carries the ball well into space, he rarely loses the ball, he's defensively responsible etc etc. Surely those are the ingredients for a very good centre mid.

Obviously Pep knows best. I just can't work it out. All his best attributes lend himself to playing further in field. I'd have him as the link between Rodri and an attacking playmaker. Essentially an "8", as they say when numbering positions.

Well actions speak louder than words. Pep wouldn’t intentionally hurt his own chances. Bernardo has played in RW, LW, central midfield and the rest. Foden is similar but Grealish is not even being played at RW. Pep is usually very gracious in his words to everybody but when you want to know who he trusts in certain roles, look at what the line up is saying.

Many-a-player will kill to have a role given to them without the constant shuffling so he needs to take advantage of the opportunity to deliver more end product at LW or convince the gaffer who sees him everyday in training that he is better suited elsewhere.
I am objecting your opinion of "in fact we have had to move other players to other positions in order to make wide left his own".

It is not the fact.

You feel towards Bernado and Phil sacrificing their natural game for the team. Grealish does the same. He is not a wide winger either. He should not be held into double standards.

Why does Pep choose to do so? Only Pep knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.