11,000 Manchester City season ticket holders set to miss out

bainy said:
SWP's back said:
No SC, no opinion. ;-)

As I say, I've been told it is CSD. Not sure about the 17k, didn't read that before when I posted.

-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 pm --

But they are all adult tickets, my dads an oap but it said a full price £50 ticket on it and a handwritten "concession" in biro.
Vouch for that...we had adults, oap and junior, all tickets were the same, distinguished by city writting on the actual ticket the ticket type!!!

You guys not heard of the Magic City Biro?? There are sensors for it at every ground in the country.

Seriously though when I bought mine the lad just keyed in my member numbers and I paid and he just grabbed 4 tickets from a pile and wrote on them. Didnt do anything else afterwards. So unless he knew what numbers he gave me I dont think he could do anything.

C_T_I_D said:
Only got 3600 points. Doubt I will manage to get one to be honest.

You will be ok with that. We got our on the Thursday with that many 6 days in to the selling period. They sold out 10 days later. Thats got to be more than 7000 tickets.

However on the day we bought there were no cat 1 or 2 left so 16000 tickets minimum had gone by then. Assuming some people bought 30 and 40 quid tickets too then I think it's safe to assume 20000 tickets had gone by 3500 points Inc osc, cup direct and junior.

It will sell out by 2750/3000 for sure.

Danny Wilson spoke to me by phone and confirmed that only 2000 people in cup scheme had less than 3000 points.

spot on.im a diehard blue.but cannot get to night games :ie work and distance ) i was shocked at the attendances for the cup games,but not everyone can get to them all the time.I agree with what the last post said,but the tickets for cup games are easy to get hold of not like league games,and the cost is a lot differant.The tickets for the fa cup should go to them with the most points because they have been there when city needed them the most

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
C_T_I_D said:
Only got 3600 points. Doubt I will manage to get one to be honest.

You will be ok with that. We got our on the Thursday with that many 6 days in to the selling period. They sold out 10 days later. Thats got to be more than 7000 tickets.

However on the day we bought there were no cat 1 or 2 left so 16000 tickets minimum had gone by then. Assuming some people bought 30 and 40 quid tickets too then I think it's safe to assume 20000 tickets had gone by 3500 points Inc osc, cup direct and junior.

Danny Wilson spoke to me by phone and confirmed that only 2000 people in cup scheme had less than 3000 points.
2000 people with less than 3000 points shouldnt be getting tickets ahead of someone with more points IMO. Makes a mockery of the points system.

bammy blue said:
me mum lives down south and she and me step dad have been offered 2 tickets for the final from some git they know who is a club wembley member, wants 500 each for them. shouldn't be aloud to happen your the member so you only should be able to use the tickets. takes the piss.

i think your right mate - ive not got enough points after moving away but have to be there after years of spending so much watching us struggle, can't miss this...all those days were the promise of days like the final

i've had to pay 350 but at least i know i'm there, price going up all the time though and the lad i know who's the member is charging around £400 at mo, and still people are buying - sellers market and price is only going to go up

It has always been unfair the allocation of tickets for the F.A.Cup but what does really get me is that there seems to be plenty of tickets for sale - at a price - on the e-bay web-sites, there is a company on there that has loads of tickets, for both clubs, so where are they getting them from? This really should be stopped as only people with loads of money or influence gets these tickets and not the genuine fans who support week in - week out - because it's a struggle to always find the money for season tickets and cup games and way beyond most working people to pay for overpriced Wembley tickets. I'm lucky enough to have been a supporter for over 50 years and have been to Wembley so I shall be watching on the box, dressed in my City shirt of course.

bluejean1 said:
It has always been unfair the allocation of tickets for the F.A.Cup but what does really get me is that there seems to be plenty of tickets for sale - at a price - on the e-bay web-sites, there is a company on there that has loads of tickets, for both clubs, so where are they getting them from? This really should be stopped as only people with loads of money or influence gets these tickets and not the genuine fans who support week in - week out - because it's a struggle to always find the money for season tickets and cup games and way beyond most working people to pay for overpriced Wembley tickets. I'm lucky enough to have been a supporter for over 50 years and have been to Wembley so I shall be watching on the box, dressed in my City shirt of course.
It's legalised touting and is absolutely shameful. I was at the semi and I think I'll be one of the 7k who misses out due to the paltry allocation. I simply can't see it getting down to 2460 points or there and thereabouts.

sniff said:
SWP's back said:
No SC, no opinion. ;-)

As I say, I've been told it is CSD. Not sure about the 17k, didn't read that before when I posted.

-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 pm --

But they are all adult tickets, my dads an oap but it said a full price £50 ticket on it and a handwritten "concession" in biro.

Yeah and the ticket number is logged on the computer at point of sale, they then e-mail fax etc... the details to Wembley who can send that info staright in to the computer at their end.

Or so the woman at the ticket office told me.
Believe that you'll believe anything. Our ticket office ain't that organised!<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 pm --<br /><br />
bainy said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

2000 people with less than 3000 points shouldnt be getting tickets ahead of someone with more points IMO. Makes a mockery of the points system.
Anything else would be a mockery of the CSD system. (I'm in CSD but over 4k points so won't really affect me too much either way)

SWP's back said:
sniff said:
Yeah and the ticket number is logged on the computer at point of sale, they then e-mail fax etc... the details to Wembley who can send that info staright in to the computer at their end.

Or so the woman at the ticket office told me.
Believe that you'll believe anything. Our ticket office ain't that organised!

-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 pm --

bainy said:
Anything else would be a mockery of the CSD system. (I'm in CSD but over 4k points so won't really affect me too much either way)
Anything else would be a mockery of the loyalty points system (im in ths CSD but over 8k points so wont really affect me too much either way)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.