11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
his dive was embarassing especially he could have tried to beat the defenders and cross or shoot.

He wasn't even bad James just played very well vs him and he still had 2nd most take-ons in the game... Also Poch doesn't sub James off if Doku was kept on.

This starting Jack in ALL big games narrative in here despite him coming on and doing nothing either offensively or making us retain the ball is well off the mark.
I agree.

The one I would be looking at if I am pep if he wants ‘control’ is Alvarez at the moment. He hasn’t been great recently. And in these ‘big’ away games we could sacrifice Alvarez for an extra midfielder. That would achieve the ‘control’ objective.

In your opinion, which is fair enough. Certainly not in mine. Palmer has so much more to his overall game.
In the long term Doku will be the better player for City, and yes it’s my opinion.

Palmer got his wish he wanted to go, but I see Doku with a higher ceiling, you don’t that’s fair enough it’s a forum.

We will see games like this from him where he tries too hard and it doesn’t come off. Another learning curve for him today.

Palmer was levels above him today. His composure throughout was everything that Doku lacked.

Absolute bomb scare of a decision to sell him, even more so for the price we did.
In Pep’s own words he tried to keep him, and said after the Mahrez departure he would have more game time. Already decided he was off. Nothing Pep could do.

Hope he's fined for that dive. Disgraceful and not welcome here. Thought it was a crazy decision to bring him off literally as he's getting himself into the game and they were starting to leave gaps for him as they chased a goal. Felt like a goal or an assist was just a matter of time, chelsea must have been delighted pep took him off and momentum definitely left us once he went off.

In the long term Doku will be the better player for City, and yes it’s my opinion.

Palmer got his wish he wanted to go, but I see Doku with a higher ceiling, you don’t that’s fair enough it’s a forum.
Do u is far better now and long-term

Palmer was levels above him today. His composure throughout was everything that Doku lacked.

Absolute bomb scare of a decision to sell him, even more so for the price we did.
Bit knee jerk on your part?
Palmer is a talented player, that's why he was in and around our first team for three years.
Doku is a different type of player. He wasn't at his best today but still looked dangerous. I wouldn't swap him for Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.