11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I will say I think some of the Doku backlash is because he has seemed to attract a totally rabid social media fanbase (not necessarily here). Every match he doesn’t start, they’re calling for Peps head. He comes on as a sub, and he’s their Motm. It’s also all very anti-Jack. So I think sometimes the comments are just to moderate what people are seeing elsewhere. I’ve found myself doing it - I like him a lot, but I find myself mentioning he’s not the finished product more than I do about other similar players.
Fair enough and we must avoid the temptation of pitching him against our Jack and creating some kind of false competition. I think Grealish deserves to be tested in the “Alvarez role” at this rate.

Fair enough and we must avoid the temptation of pitching him against our Jack and creating some kind of false competition. I think Grealish deserves to be tested in the “Alvarez role” at this rate.
Agreed. As a newer fan - and one that has stayed away from forums and the like until recently - I’m surprised how much fans throw players under the bus. If you really like one of the players that seem to get blame, I’m sure it may cause some irrational responses.

I also agree with trying Jack elsewhere - I don’t know why some players get to play anywhere but others are always in the same role. (Realistically, I’m sure it’s a trust—talent-magic pep thing).

Not sure why Doku is getting so much shit over his final ball , he laid to chances on a plate for Alvarez and Haaland and if they go in he is man of the match , thought he was excellent today and proved he is a big game player
Agreed. I think when you create as many chances as he did, it opens one up for more criticism, but ultimately at least one of those chances he created should have been finished off.

We don’t have to compare, be grateful we have both.
How about directing that comment to those people talking crap like Doku should start over Grealish rather than someone actually defending Jack for once? And nothing in Datoia's post was incorrect.

How about directing that comment to those people talking crap like Doku should start over Grealish rather than someone actually defending Jack for once? And nothing in Datoia's post was incorrect.
I'll direct my comments where and when I think necessary.
For what it's worth I think both camps who feel they have to do down Doku to praise Grealish and vice versa are nobheads.
I think my posts on Grealish’s thread tell you where I am in regards to how highly I rate him so chill the fuck out.
Regardless of wherever or not you think the posters comments were correct or not I think they were inappropriate and serves just to stir the pot in an unnecessary tit for tat on both players threads.

Deceptively slow for anything over 3 yards. Matip was running with the ball and Doku couldnt catch him.
Umm really? I think he was pretty fast on one counter attack getting a ball from Halaand. Definitely much faster than Matip carrying the ball.

Just how many times did Jack operate on the wing for Villa. I never saw much of him but he always seemed to be right slap bang in the middle of the engine room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.