11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Well, I don't appear to have been watching the same match as everyone else, I thought he had a very good game. In fact I found myself thinking, “I don't really see how Jack gets back in this team as a regular starter”. And Jack wasn't bad until his injury. I'm not saying he was.
The plain fact is that Doku threatens the opposition defence in a a way that Jack simply doesn't. Jack holds the ball well, does those crossfield runs and releases it to someone on the other wing or someone in midfield, draws fouls well, but I don't see that there's a whole lot more to his game. Jérémy put over a couple of superb crosses that someone, Haaland or anyone, really should have been on the end of. He can beat his man for speed on the outside almost at will. And a ball cut back and away from the keeper and defence will always cause chaos. It's in the nature of his game that he loses the ball more — just as it's in the nature of Kev's game that passes are going to be intercepted, because he tries difficult things — but by God Doku fights like a tiger to get back and get that ball when he's got any chance whatsoever of doing it.
As I say, a good match. His sheer threat draws defenders to him, and gives space to the players running through from midfield. With Oscar Bobb as an option out there too, I just don't see Jack as first choice.
Wow - what a take on things.
"I don't really see how Jack gets back in the team" - on that?? Really!! Or was that your starting point - be honest.

People underrate his unique attributes forgetting that there was a time we couldn’t do more than amble about and pass diagonally all game long. There was a time not too long ago when we lacked that bite and teams were happy to see us pass it all about as no one was courageous to have a go.

I’d rather we allow him add that feather of keeping possession to his cap (and I think he doing nicely in that regard) but what I see people do mostly is point fingers and discourage his unique gift. I hope he’s not reading this thread because we could easily take that natural gift out of him by discouraging words.
Spot on mate

People underrate his unique attributes forgetting that there was a time we couldn’t do more than amble about and pass diagonally all game long. There was a time not too long ago when we lacked that bite and teams were happy to see us pass it all about as no one was courageous to have a go.

I’d rather we allow him add that feather of keeping possession to his cap (and I think he doing nicely in that regard) but what I see people do mostly is point fingers and discourage his unique gift. I hope he’s not reading this thread because we could easily take that natural gift out of him by discouraging words.
Was that time last season?

Wow - what a take on things.
"I don't really see how Jack gets back in the team" - on that?? Really!! Or was that your starting point - be honest.

You seem to be taking a leaf out of some journalists' book. You've cut the quote off. I worded it carefully, because I thought about it. The last four words are crucial. I stand by it. But it's just an intuition. And by the way, as I made clear in the full post, it was more on how Doku performed, than on how Jack did. There are now three very good wingers vying for the same spot, more or less (I'm well aware that Doku can play over on the right, but I don't think he will, given who's already over there). None of them will be guaranteed starters. It's a good position for the team to be in, incidentally.
That's my take.

You seem to be taking a leaf out of some journalists' book. You've cut the quote off. I worded it carefully, because I thought about it. The last four words are crucial. I stand by it. But it's just an intuition. And by the way, as I made clear in the full post, it was more on how Doku performed, than on how Jack did. There are now three very good wingers vying for the same spot, more or less (I'm well aware that Doku can play over on the right, but I don't think he will, given who's already over there). None of them will be guaranteed starters. It's a good position for the team to be in, incidentally.
That's my take.
Your post starts with the premise and pretty much ends with it. OK, you add a few obvious things like wow "pace".
Plus kudos for the accents on Jeremy.
You've not dwelled much on his shortcomings.
To me and on the post match, slowly but surely
p02wmsmz.jpg

Thought he was great when he came on,as was Jack when he was on.
Going to be interesting to see what happens.
Get behind both is all that should happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.