11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep plays him for least 20 mins v Liverpool he has pace which will test their defence i.e. Van Dijk who is not a pacey as he was .

As thing right now most defender in PL already figuring out how to contain him and that can affected his confidence to beat his man.

He need to figure out this problem so he can be better player later on and i think he will because he still so young player in his first season for us.

He's only a kid really, shouldn't be starting in the big games but Jack is now made of bolser wood. A very raw player, I prefer Bobb as I think he sees the pass alot better.
Both good players Pep uses Jeremy to tire out players and he has a pass in him. Lest we forget Haaland missed 3 sitters played by Doku in as many games.

I think Bob is useful too. Both still very young and learning.

He's only a kid really, shouldn't be starting in the big games but Jack is now made of bolser wood. A very raw player, I prefer Bobb as I think he sees the pass alot better.
Agree on the Bobb front. Defensively, Jack is light years ahead of anyone on the left ( shocking thing to say about Jack :)) but possession and offensive wise, I think Bobb is the best blend of both. Just lacking a bit of game time

Funny how people we not so harsh of Jack during his first season?

Even in Jack's first season, whilst he was frustrating at times, you could see what he was bringing to the side.

Those long driving runs from midfield then getting fouls around the box, impressive ball retention and later on he started to grasp the defensive and positional play which helped the overall team.

Doku right now is offering nothing, he looks a typical Crystal Palace level player that can run quick but offers bang average end product. He struggles to take a man on, loses the ball consistently and his defensive work is atrocious.

He will get better but right now, Grealish has to get back fit if we want to win the CL for example.

In my opinion, he needed another season or two at a club like Rennes, his previous club. This move has come far too early for him.

strange one, his first 2-3 months were great, since then he is on a downward spiral. given its his first season its ok, but very different from all our wingers who played on the wings under Pep. he doesnt provide as much control as Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish. neither the type of constant pressing, workrate Jesus had. he is losing the ball a lot more than other wingers and the only one who lost the ball a lot was Sterling imo but he scored quite a lot of goals in return overall for us due to his great positioning and eventually played even as a striker-false 9 sometimes.

feels like opponents not as worried these days for Doku to have the ball.

Even in Jack's first season, whilst he was frustrating at times, you could see what he was bringing to the side.

Those long driving runs from midfield then getting fouls around the box, impressive ball retention and later on he started to grasp the defensive and positional play which helped the overall team.

Doku right now is offering nothing, he looks a typical Crystal Palace level player that can run quick but offers bang average end product. He struggles to take a man on, loses the ball consistently and his defensive work is atrocious.

He will get better but right now, Grealish has to get back fit if we want to win the CL for example.

In my opinion, he needed another season or two at a club like Rennes, his previous club. This move has come far too early for him.

I do not think Pep intended to use him as much as he has been forced to probably cos of injuries.

Nah Jack’s first season was terrible he even admitted himself he had been poor. But he came good.

Pep must be seeing something in Jeremy because if he does not trust you as a player you do not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.