11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Pep likes his play so far, otherwise he would be getting the Kalvin Phillips treatment gametime wise.

At this point he’s not good enough , especially at the business end of the season

he May come good but he’ll only be an impact player with us

Looks lost & not progressing. For now he’s a sub if we need to change momentum. Strange because he was electric in his first few games. He looks nothing like a pep player

Its tough playing for Pep, he will play you through the fire even when you're not in form, Doku needs to be mentally strong atm.

His main issue is; he's one dimensional, one on one he can beat any full back, put two defenders on him and he's clueless, doesn't have a shot or a incisive pass, he's also weak physically, he'd benefit from a few games on the bench.

Not ready for us yet and ideally should have had a season off the bench.
The amount of game time he has got has been mad, considering others before him struggled to get the time

Did anyone see him when we equalised?

Watch it back. He might be a Utd fan. Ha.
Zero emotion and just stands there.

Hopefully as time goes on and he feels more invested in the club he might start playing better.

I don't think he was worse than any one of KDB, Bernardo Silva, Haaland or Foden (outside of the goal) before he got subbed out. He had a few shots which were tough to take, got the ball in a dangerous position in the box a few times and for the most part played Grealish's role of pushing up a bit and then keeping possession. I don't see Vinicius for example doing better than him today. You can't consistently dribble around defenders in the PL especially the top teams.

The only issue I had with him today is being too static off the ball. Needs to learn to make runs behind the defense and play more one-twos around the box. Sucks to see him like this, but I think people are judging him way too harshly.

I won't dig him out too much but I do get frustrated when he lies on the pitch with his arms outstretched looking for a free kick.
Get up and try to win the ball back lad. The ref isn't going to change his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.