11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I'm not sure how much he can improve his weaknesses to the level we need. He lacks stamina and running power to ever be useful defensively even leaving aside his lack of appetite for it. Always referred to as pacy but he's really not. Great acceleration but his actual sprint is more of a fast waddle and he starts flagging after 3 or 4 strides, Aina showed him what pace really looks like. He could probably get more reliable on the ball but he'll never be a Grealish or Bernardo type who make a good decision and keep the ball 9 times out of ten.

With all that he needs to be producing in the final third but only looked the ticket against a hapless Bornemouth and Villa's reserves at home. Could say his season is promising if he was 18 and not almost 22 just a few months younger than Saka. Just seems a fish out of water in this side similar to F Torres and Mendy after his two year injury layoff.

I've read somewhere that Pep is rumoured to be going for a 3-5-2 formation next season. If true, obviously we would need specialized, pacy, fit, accurate dribbling/passing and defensively solid wingbacks or wingers. It would be very difficult for Doku to fit in with that. Hope this is just a groundless rumour, or Pep is considering the formation just as an option.

I've read somewhere that Pep is rumoured to be going for a 3-5-2 formation next season. If true, obviously we would need specialized, pacy, fit, accurate dribbling/passing and defensively solid wingbacks or wingers. It would be very difficult for Doku to fit in with that. Hope this is just a groundless rumour, or Pep is considering the formation just as an option.

_________Ederson
_____Akanji__Dias__Ake
Doku__Rodri__Guimarães_Sancho
_________Parqueta
_____Alvarez___Haarland

Lazy wingbacks cause the opposition to overcommit thinking they can take advantage, finally leaving us some space to play in Haarland. It may just work.

just used him as an example as to why we should use academy players as prospects and projects rather than signings.

I beg to differ on the transfer business.

Nunes will never be a City player, a panic buy.

Doku still has the jury out.

Only Gvardiol and Kova were good additions.

Also Txiki got it badly wrong with Gundogan. He wanted a new contract. He admitted to it last September, but we left it too late.
Without Doku and his superb form early season the title would have been lost by Christmas.

After his new year injury his form crashed when he returned but he has picked up again in the last month.

He is raw but one hell of a dangerous player.

He must be a fucking terrifying sight for tired opposition defenders when he comes on with 15 minutes to go

Brilliant cameo.

Should have played 10-15 minutes more, given the only question after Haaland's 4th was about how many goals can we score. He's more of an attacking threat than Bernie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.