11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I'm biased. I just love the little guy.

It's so exciting to see a tricky winger in full flight, and for his first season he's been spectacular.

I just watched a post match interview with him on YouTube. Like Gvardiol, he's intelligent and insightful. It demonstrates that City take into account the character of the player, unlike the rabble down the road who, for example, spent 85 million on Antony.

He was also asked about Pep's pre-match talk. He said there wasn't one. Pep simply played a video of the season highlights, without comment. What a manager!
put some respect on a man who can spin 10 times in minute and not puke.

This guy has played a major part in our title this season

Early doors when we looked flat and off it, he came in and ripped it up.

His form dipped but he came through that and the last few weeks has returned to ripping defenders.

The lad is a proper wide player, and such a great player to watch.

Wonderful first season.

When you have a winger that can do the things that he can do, it is wonderful to watch. He is really coming on and has the potential to be absolutely world-class. You have to also accept that some things do not come off for wingers and turnovers are risky for a club that plays such a high line. That is why I like the balance of one winger who is as threatening as he is, and one who offers control and possession. Eventually the overload is created and someone like Doku is a killer then.

The way he upped his game, rose to the challenge laid down to him by Pep in the 2nd half of the season, has been a great weapon, he was tearing up against West Ham, but for some good goalkeeping, City would’ve been out of sight by half time. If that’s his “takes a season under Pep” settling in season, then we’re in for a treat in the next one!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.