11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Palmer leaving in a weird roundabout way I think this indicates that Doku was bought to rotate with Grealish on the LW and he will hardly feature on the RW.

If Palmer stayed, we would have 2 pure RWs and I would think the wide fullback thing with Walker would go away, but now I think it’s here to stay, hence we want a left footed RW who comes into the half space so that spot is perfectly filled by Foden/Bernie/Bobb.

Lewis can also do Walkers role so it gives him a clear path and position to improve on, he won’t start in midfield.

The LW is then clearly defined as the “touch line” player, staying wide and using dribbling to come inside, Grealish and now Doku are primed here.

RW
Should be starter as a right winger, Bernardo is catastrophic at RW, 9 of 10 times , especially without KDB , and especially against dead low block opponents.

Bernardo in the middle is different kind of animal. Both of them would benefit of that combo

Bernardo RCM
Doku RW
Do you not see the problem with this with the current personnel?

If Palmer stayed then I’d say we might do this, but now fill out the other spots, which I will do for you to indicate the issue.

Suppose you play Rodri CDM, Foden LCM, Grealish LW, Haaland ST.

I actually like this a lot, and if a CB pushes up it can make a great starting 11.

But now notice the bench has Kova and Nunes, 2 players who are more controllers and won’t contribute in goals or assists.

And Alvarez, the only player on the bench who can.

I don’t see it happening often, I think it’s far more likely we continue with the 4231 and tilt it over for the RB to take the wide space. Leaving 2 attacking options on the bench.

RW
Should be starter as a right winger, Bernardo is catastrophic at RW, 9 of 10 times , especially without KDB , and especially against dead low block opponents.

Bernardo in the middle is different kind of animal. Both of them would benefit of that combo

Bernardo RCM
Doku RW
Catastrophic? Yeah, ok. I'm sure that Alphonso Davies and Camavinga would disagree (among many others).

Seems like there will be a tad more added pressure on him now with Cole gone. I’m sure all Blues will have patience though, as they let him adapt into a new team, system, and environment….

In all seriousness, I’m excited to see this guy play Saturday, and even more excited for that Kevin has a new outlet to link up with. I just hope Jeremy isn’t the new punching bag if things happen not to go as smoothly for whatever reason this season.

RW

Bernardo RCM
Doku RW
Catastophic Bernardo spent most of last season right wing,Treble winning Bernardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.