11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like there will be a tad more added pressure on him now with Cole gone. I’m sure all Blues will have patience though, as they let him adapt into a new team, system, and environment….

In all seriousness, I’m excited to see this guy play Saturday, and even more excited for that Kevin has a new outlet to link up with. I just hope Jeremy isn’t the new punching bag if things happen not to go as smoothly for whatever reason this season.

He'll be ok as long as Phillips is still with us.

Edit> so long as Phillips is still alive !

In the training video City put out, Doku was on the left with Grealish for the finishing drills they were doing. Might mean absolutely nothing, or it could mean he’ll be on the left for us and not the right. Palmer leaving might change that though, who knows.

In the training video City put out, Doku was on the left with Grealish for the finishing drills they were doing. Might mean absolutely nothing, or it could mean he’ll be on the left for us and not the right. Palmer leaving might change that though, who knows.
Palmer leaving is what indicated to me the change to the LW for Doku.

I posted about it earlier, it indicates the wide RB thing is here to stay for Pep in the 4231.

Palmer leaving is what indicated to me the change to the LW for Doku.

I posted about it earlier, it indicates the wide RB thing is here to stay for Pep in the 4231.
If playing our RB high and wide is our season-long tactic then we probably should have let Walker go to Bayern and bought someone more suitable. I really hope it’s not here to stay.

If playing our RB high and wide is our season-long tactic then we probably should have let Walker go to Bayern and bought someone more suitable. I really hope it’s not here to stay.
Walker being so quick is probably why Pep is doing it for him.

He isnt the best offensive threat but I suppose good enough that the benefit of his defensive side balances out.

Im in somewhat of am agreeance with yourself and others that I prefer 2 wingers high and wide, but how is that possible when Pep prefers Kovacic and Rodri as a double pivot.

He likes that pairing so much he will play 4231, which automatically demands an overlapping fullback to make the 3241 attack.

The signing of Nunes sealed the idea for me, Nunes is much more suited in a double pivot, dribbling out of space to find the attack like Kova. He isnt someone who will get goals or assists (like Kova), but can free Rodri up more often, which is good for Rodri.

Walker being so quick is probably why Pep is doing it for him.

He isnt the best offensive threat but I suppose good enough that the benefit of his defensive side balances out.

Im in somewhat of am agreeance with yourself and others that I prefer 2 wingers high and wide, but how is that possible when Pep prefers Kovacic and Rodri as a double pivot.

He likes that pairing so much he will play 4231, which automatically demands an overlapping fullback to make the 3241 attack.

The signing of Nunes sealed the idea for me, Nunes is much more suited in a double pivot, dribbling out of space to find the attack like Kova. He isnt someone who will get goals or assists (like Kova), but can free Rodri up more often, which is good for Rodri.
I’m with you Walker up there is a waste of time, his end product is close to 0 in offensive positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.