11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doku is a diamond in the rough. His biggest asset, obviously, is his pace. One-on-one, he can almost always dribble pass his defender.

Doku's downside is his lack of technical ability - he's simply not great at passing, shooting at goal, ball retention, etc. Maybe he'll develop these skills (I doubt it) over time.

For me, Doku is - at present - a sort of Benjamin Mendi reincarnate - very pacy... but not much else.
I think you have him dead wrong.

1. He doesn't have unique pace. He has suddenness in Change of direction and acceleration from a starting position. This is why he gets by defenders. Kinda like Messi in that respect without the technique

2. His passing is quite good. His ball control is what's lacking a bit. And his shooting actually is fine too ( not Debruyne or Rodri level but above average). Retention is harder to judge. He retains better coz defenders back off him coz they fear his acceleration. Giving him easier passing lanes. Even though his passing itself is linear. Retention is a little harder id the ball comes in the air and he takes longer to control it. So 50/50.

He is nothing like Mendy. Oh, while we are at it, Mendy wasn't Pacy either. I guess they are similar in that you were wrong about both their pace :p

Doku is a diamond in the rough. His biggest asset, obviously, is his pace. One-on-one, he can almost always dribble pass his defender.

Doku's downside is his lack of technical ability - he's simply not great at passing, shooting at goal, ball retention, etc. Maybe he'll develop these skills (I doubt it) over time.

For me, Doku is - at present - a sort of Benjamin Mendi reincarnate - very pacy... but not much else.
The fuck are you talking about? He’s nothing like Mendy lol. You must be on a wind up

Doku won't be in our side in 2 years time because he isn't good enough.

I could be wrong - and maybe he'll improve at passing, ball retention, goal scoring and decision making - but this is my take.

In two years time, he will have improved as a player, and I'd love that very much.

I've said this before but the rosy retrospection for Sane more than any other player in the Pep era is comical. There were games where Sane looked like he literally couldn't control the simplest of passes. If you want to compare Doku's technical ability to Sterling, fair enough, but I think Doku is already better technically than Sane was.
Football is about opinions however I disagree. Sane technical ability for a speedy winger is world class, how he strikes the ball is something unfortunately Doku will never be able to achieve.

He has made a good start to his career with us and looks a decent prospect. He is here to improve and contribute, and we should support him to do so. I am pleased with the start he's made.

What the fuck are you talking about? So far for us he's shown an incredibly high passing, shooting and ball retention ability. As high as literally every other player in this team. I would suggest those are his best assets so far. This is an incredibly bizarre thing to suggest following his first month in the team. In what match did he show himself to be bad at passing/shooting?!

Not gonna lie, the comparison to benjamin mendy borders on racist for me. What on earth do they have in common other than skin colour? They don't even play in the same position.

In fact i am baffled by the past 2 pages where people are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for criticism here

I am truly shocked at the "he's poor technically" criticism. What???? he's clearly one of the best players in the team technically. What fucking player in our team gets us that west ham goal?

Last edited:
Cos since we’ve played at home,
Well my body's been a mess
And I've missed your lighting runs
And the way you like to press
Won't you come on over
Stop making a fool out of me
Why don't you score another Jeremy?
Jeremy? Jeremy? Jeremy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.