11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing he really needs to work on is his defensive contribution. Sometimes he tries to dribble out from deeper areas when a simple pass is the better option. But the rest of his game is superb and gives us another dimension.

He’s very poor technically, nobody can deny that. Whoever said he’s better than Sane wow
I don't think how good you are technically is the be all and end all of determining whether you are better than another player.

Haaland is better than Morata. Yet Morata is by far superior technically.

He can be better than Sane even if he is poorer technically. That said, I personally don't think he is better than Sane. I'd like to have both on either side of my wing though

The only thing he really needs to work on is his defensive contribution. Sometimes he tries to dribble out from deeper areas when a simple pass is the better option. But the rest of his game is superb and gives us another dimension.
I agree on defensive distribution part. The dribbling bout part is 50/50. Half the time the defender gives him.the ball where he is forced to dribble out or pass back to a defender who can be easily pressed.

I can't blame him for taking the responsibility in that scenario. Jack sometimes finds himself in this scenario too. And tries to hold on and earn a foul than pass back to a less skilled defender.

I like that ' I'll take responsibility' attitude.

I agree on defensive distribution part. The dribbling bout part is 50/50. Half the time the defender gives him.the ball where he is forced to dribble out or pass back to a defender who can be easily pressed.

I can't blame him for taking the responsibility in that scenario. Jack sometimes finds himself in this scenario too. And tries to hold on and earn a foul than pass back to a less skilled defender.

I like that ' I'll take responsibility' attitude.

There have been a couple of times when there has been a pass central or to a defender on which he could have played, but his instinct to attack has seen him lose that opportunity and get himself in a bit of trouble. But it's early days and I have no trouble with him doing it at times. He's got great body strength and following that West Ham goal he's now working hard off the ball to get back. I love his move where he draws the player in, shields the ball then spins and sets off. He's a great player to watch, and I know he's going to get so much stick at times because, like all wide players, he's not going to score every chance or take the right option every time! His arrival will certainly see Jack up his game too though.

He’s very poor technically, nobody can deny that. Whoever said he’s better than Sane wow
I've said this before but the rosy retrospection for Sane more than any other player in the Pep era is comical. There were games where Sane looked like he literally couldn't control the simplest of passes. If you want to compare Doku's technical ability to Sterling, fair enough, but I think Doku is already better technically than Sane was.

I've said this before but the rosy retrospection for Sane more than any other player in the Pep era is comical. There were games where Sane looked like he literally couldn't control the simplest of passes. If you want to compare Doku's technical ability to Sterling, fair enough, but I think Doku is already better technically than Sane was.
Leroy Sane is a fucking saint and he would've won the Ballon d'Or if it hadn't been for those pesky kids!

Doku is a diamond in the rough. His biggest asset, obviously, is his pace. One-on-one, he can almost always dribble pass his defender.

Doku's downside is his lack of technical ability - he's simply not great at passing, shooting at goal, ball retention, etc. Maybe he'll develop these skills (I doubt it) over time.

For me, Doku is - at present - a sort of Benjamin Mendi reincarnate - very pacy... but not much else.

Doku is a diamond in the rough. His biggest asset, obviously, is his pace. One-on-one, he can almost always dribble pass his defender.

Doku's downside is his lack of technical ability - he's simply not great at passing, shooting at goal, ball retention, etc. Maybe he'll develop these skills (I doubt it) over time.

For me, Doku is - at present - a sort of Benjamin Mendi reincarnate - very pacy... but not much else.

A typical winger really then!

You don’t know much about football do you, nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.