11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I thought he started really well, attracting players and then pinging it out to the other flank, which is what he did for the opener. But the last twenty or so of the first half he went to pot and kept losing it. Hes back from injury and still young so this might happen. I think Pep got it wrong starting him, because that seemed like a grealish game all day (with Doku coming on at some point if it suited)

thought he was alright. something he needs to work on is using his left foot while dribbling. It limits his speed too much when he only uses one foot.

Absolute liability, bench only, not a patch on Bobb or Jack.
A bit harsh that. I do get a bit frustrated, at times as he has a tendency to take that extra dribble rather than cross or pass it. Overall I thought he was ok yesterday and it’s his first season and hopefully he’ll learn when to release that pass.

I thought he started really well, attracting players and then pinging it out to the other flank, which is what he did for the opener. But the last twenty or so of the first half he went to pot and kept losing it. Hes back from injury and still young so this might happen. I think Pep got it wrong starting him, because that seemed like a grealish game all day (with Doku coming on at some point if it suited)

Think starting Doku may have been a plan to try an pin Trippier back. Grealish would have tracked Trippier back well, but he would have ended up attacking more than he did when he had the threat of Doku to be worried about.

Not sure Doku's ever going to be a consistent world-beater, but he will have days when he looks like one. The variety of options we have when everyone's fit now is pretty special.

Think starting Doku may have been a plan to try an pin Trippier back. Grealish would have tracked Trippier back well, but he would have ended up attacking more than he did when he had the threat of Doku to be worried about.

Not sure Doku's ever going to be a consistent world-beater, but he will have days when he looks like one. The variety of options we have when everyone's fit now is pretty special.
That would have worked better if he was playing wide.

Pep used Walker and Gvardiol as our wingers to pin Gordon and Almiron deep. That worked really well until Newcastle told them to stay higher and they transitioned us twice to score the same goal twice.

Bernardo and Doku were wider in the second half, pinning their fullbacks in, meaning they had to lump the ball forwards, which we mopped up every time.

Doku didn’t have his best game, but was part of an outstanding second half performance from us that made us deserving winners.

Caused a lot of problems yesterday and should’ve had an assist to show for it. Was asked to play a position he’s probably never played before. Coming off a month long injury was not a huge shock he was a bit rusty second half. He’s going to be marmite to some obviously but think he’ll have a big career at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.