11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I’d say he’s not popular among quite a number even though he is popular among quite a number as well. If they are just a handful then it’s all well and good. Most people know that Foden has been our star man this season but my assessment was on the last match. It’s a shame I had to bring Foden into the conversation but I was just trying to show that Doku didn’t have as bad a game as those people are trying to make out.
I think that just proves that opinions are very inconsistent, and tbh Dokus performances have been equally as inconsistent.

He's had great games, and some very indifferent ones, but you'd hope that's purely down to age and inexperience.

Im not a fan honestly, I don’t even think he’s got pace… he’s just got quick reactions, but on a straight line - grealish’s probs faster.

Never seen him win a 1v1 race… always falls behind. An option only for short yards, can’t beat anyone in longer distances.

Not hating or saying he’s terrible.. he’s actually fairly decent, was just hoping for a VINI/Mbappe type..and he’s nowhere close.

I think that just proves that opinions are very inconsistent, and tbh Dokus performances have been equally as inconsistent.

He's had great games, and some very indifferent ones, but you'd hope that's purely down to age and inexperience.
I think it shows that he is judged with a lot of bias by his detractors.

The narrative that we can’t “control” games with Doku is starting to stink of confirmation bias. Not to diminish what Jack brings to the team, but the shouts that we lost something when he came off are nonsensical. Naturally we lost momentum due to the sub/injury but we regained control, Ederson makes a daft mistake and then we went back to dominating the game albeit a few shaky moments that should be expected.

It’s impossible to control games away in Europe for 90 mins regardless of who’s in the XI. Grealish helps, but there’s not some vast difference when he’s out and Doku is in.

The narrative that we can’t “control” games with Doku is starting to stink of confirmation bias. Not to diminish what Jack brings to the team, but the shouts that we lost something when he came off are nonsensical. Naturally we lost momentum due to the sub/injury but we regained control, Ederson makes a daft mistake and then we went back to dominating the game albeit a few shaky moments that should be expected.

It’s impossible to control games away in Europe for 90 mins regardless of who’s in the XI. Grealish helps, but there’s not some vast difference when he’s out and Doku is in.
Well I think there is actually and it showed tonight, Jack is a key player in our system.

He played well in 2nd half especially tracking back. Jack will always offer more control for me. Great options to have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.