11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

It was not his best game, but there were still a lot of positives. Maybe more important is, knock on wood, the fact that he's staying fit, which was always the issue in France. It was unfortunate not to have an assist on that Lewis shot.

I want him to provide end product. he gets the ball, then there is a quick turn, move, dribble or even a sprint and then 99% of the times he messes it up, runs into the defender, leaves the ball, lets defender to catch up, bad 2nd dribble, blocked cross or shot.
very exciting in first 3/4 second once he gets the ball and very underwhelming the next 3/4 seconds after that on repeat with basic errors. when we got him I thought he may become our version of Saka who delivers huge numbers from the wing but thats optimistic now...

people compared him to Sterling a bit which kind of ok as he was similarly frustrating but he had brutal positioning, anticipation skills and quite a lot of goal threat and end product. Doku nowhere near to that yet.

in his 2nd season he gets picked even ahead of Grealish, so he has to deliver.

Massive threat, the danger he was providing, forcing the right back to call for cover everytime was freeing up kdb inside him constantly. Not his fault he didn't get an assist today when Lewis is missing open nets. Much better tenacity to his game too.

Doesn't suit us when we decide to switch to maintenance mode and see the game out though as his game is about being dynamic and putting the ball at risk, may aswell bring him off whenever we decide to see the game out.

Him and savinho are going to cause absolute carnage this season. Do feel sorry for Bobb, he would have been starting this season as first choice winger but for his injury. Was his shirt to lose and now he's going to come back with these two hopefully flying and a massive job on his hands to wrestle minutes from them. Competition is what we want though, got to perform to keep the shirt. Grealish going to have to start producing to get himself up the pecking order too.

He had a great first half and was well supported by KDB. His second half was quieter probably due to KDB playing more on the right.

Thought he wasn't as good as the opening game. Still did some good things. If Rico doesn't hit the bar, his end game rating looks better.

2 noticable things are that he looks much stronger with the ball and he's tracking back. He will be fine. I do think at times, he looks a bit off wavelength relative to his peers. That will come with time.

I want him to provide end product. he gets the ball, then there is a quick turn, move, dribble or even a sprint and then 99% of the times he messes it up, runs into the defender, leaves the ball, lets defender to catch up, bad 2nd dribble, blocked cross or shot.
very exciting in first 3/4 second once he gets the ball and very underwhelming the next 3/4 seconds after that on repeat with basic errors. when we got him I thought he may become our version of Saka who delivers huge numbers from the wing but thats optimistic now...

people compared him to Sterling a bit which kind of ok as he was similarly frustrating but he had brutal positioning, anticipation skills and quite a lot of goal threat and end product. Doku nowhere near to that yet.

in his 2nd season he gets picked even ahead of Grealish, so he has to deliver.
Well Grealish doesn't deliver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.