11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

All this talk about his end product, look at his runs and tell me where there are the players running into the box to pull the defenders around. If we are playing with wingers against a low block we need 2/3 players following the runs into the box on the front and back posts spread out.

At the moment it seems we are not doing that enough which means the options for Savio and Doku once they have beat two men are to blast it against a packed defence in the box. We need to be challenging those numbers to free up space. When you beat two and then have another three against Haaland on his own its not so easy to pick out the man.

All this talk about his end product, look at his runs and tell me where there are the players running into the box to pull the defenders around. If we are playing with wingers against a low block we need 2/3 players following the runs into the box on the front and back posts spread out.

At the moment it seems we are not doing that enough which means the options for Savio and Doku once they have beat two men are to blast it against a packed defence in the box. We need to be challenging those numbers to free up space. When you beat two and then have another three against Haaland on his own its not so easy to pick out the man.
He could shoot though!

Easier to just punt it into the stands then I guess.

I thought he looked much better over longer sprints.
He did. While his top speed is not elite, his strength helps him a lot to hold off defenders closing in on him in pursuit and make them lose balance in the process. He uses his athleticism well in this situations, the problem is last season he didn't have the energy to do this often, so hopefully this season he has, the signs are good so far.

Nice to know people read what you write i guess (well would be) :-)
Not sure what you mean? My reply was to your issue with no one else being available, so the obvious thing would be to shoot, like when he went past 3 players and had a one on one and he cut it back to nobody!

Also, when he was on the right, he was played in at the byline and he crossed it straight out of play. The number of attackers in the box becomes moot then!

He’s a rough diamond, with unique abilities. If he can calm his mind after creating space and make the killer pass/shot, he’ll be a top 5 player in the world.

very good point.

But on the other hand if the midfielders push front with them what if they lose the ball and will KDB Bernado or Kova fast enough to recover the counter attack if they have already in the opposite box? KDB maybe have the pace but he is not very good at defending. Kova and Bernado (as well as Rodri) are not very pacy.

In a team with loads of fast midfielders they can push up more bodies. Our squad didn't build like that. We prioritize midfielders skills over pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.