11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Break out of a jog at any point and he prevents the goal, can't afford to be going behind like that against better/more solid teams. That was the most attacking runs off the ball I've seen him make, though the difference in decision making to the player on the other flank was glaring.
That was my only criticism of him today. Everyone blamed Lewis, but Kovacic backed off and gave the initial man too much space, and then Doku was lazy in getting to the assist man.

Goodness. We just watched him play his butt off last week. If Rico buries that sitter, are people thinking he had a much better performance? He was not much better or worse than Savio, who seems to be getting a ton of praise.

I appreciate Grealish, but you KNOW he hasn't played in a while when people start thinking he's going to bring something to our attack that Doku isn't now or capable of.

Goodness. We just watched him play his butt off last week. If Rico buries that sitter, are people thinking he had a much better performance? He was not much better or worse than Savio, who seems to be getting a ton of praise.

I appreciate Grealish, but you KNOW he hasn't played in a while when people start thinking he's going to bring something to our attack that Doku isn't now or capable of.
Grealish's hold-up play brings a different dimension to the team. Doku can be a bt too much 'full throttle' at times, and against teams who have the ability to break quickly it can quickly put us under pressure if he loses it.

So what do you want? him to pass the ball back to Ederson every time like Walker, it is important not to be predictable
He wants him to be Grealish and pass it sideways or backwards!
Having proper wingers is so refreshing. Savio and Doku are truly refreshing. Wingers that can beat their man and attack, not wingers that can allegedly beat their man but apparently were told not to, even though the defender is there for the taking.
Doku needs to sort out his end product, once that is done, he will be a destroyer!

Last edited:
He needs to be a bit better on the ball, he doesn't need to try and take on his man every single time. You can tell he also isn't able to at times and he still tries. Its ok to circulate possession or look for a killer through pass first.

He wants him to be Grealish and pass it sideways or backwards!
Having proper wingers is so refreshing. Savio and Doku are truly refreshing. Wingers that can beat their man and attack, not wingers that can allegedly beat their man but apparently were told not to, even though the defender is there for the taking.
Doku needs to sort out his end product, once that is done, he will be a destroyer!
Big fan of Grealish, but having alternatives means the opposition can not plan, Pep got his substitutes right, maybe could have brought them on earlier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.