11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Massive threat, the danger he was providing, forcing the right back to call for cover everytime was freeing up kdb inside him constantly. Not his fault he didn't get an assist today when Lewis is missing open nets. Much better tenacity to his game too.

Doesn't suit us when we decide to switch to maintenance mode and see the game out though as his game is about being dynamic and putting the ball at risk, may aswell bring him off whenever we decide to see the game out.
Which is precisely what Pep did yesterday.

With about 20 minutes left, and City 3-1 ahead, Jérémy and Savinho were replaced by Jack and Ilkay, who are both renowned for their ability to retain possession and help us control the game.

Well, sorry, finally getting round to watching the full match (I held back from watching the highlights, deliberately) and I just don't see that what Doku was doing was at all less impressive than what Savinho was doing on the other side. And that is not to demean Savinho's performance one bit. That move by Doku to get into the box and cut the ball back (did Erling dummy it, leaving it for Rico, by the way? — I can't make up my mind about it, it happens so fast. If he did, then it was utterly brilliant by him) was superb.
Having them on both sides must be a complete nightmare for defences. Jack's a different kind of player, with his own qualities, but he doesn't have the sheer explosiveness of those two.
We now have four top wingers, with Bobb to come back. When did we last see that?

Last edited:
He had 51 touches of the ball yesterday. He made 36 passes while completing 33 of them. Opta has him attempting five dribbles and completing 2 of them(poor for his standard). Your math isn't mathing.
Stats doesn't tell everything, you have to take them in context. His decision making is still poor, as you mentioned he attempted 5 dribbles and only completed two of them, he should have passed in instead of attempting to unnecessarily take on his man as I mentioned.

I already said it wasn't his best game, but I'd rather watch him try and take on his fullback five times over 90 minutes than watch Jack pass it backward 90 times.
One retains possession the other loses it; he has to pick his moments better

He needs more of an end product.

Haaland was screaming at him to pass the ball across the box.

He plays like Peter Beagrie. Beats the man, goes back again, and passes the ball off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.