11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Made the assist to KDB's first goal. I'd like to see this happen for City more often, but the box is always packed and Haaland usually just stands at the far post.

Haaland doesn't "just stand" anywhere. His unbelievable movement is arguably his greatest attribute. Hate likening international performances to club, it may aswell be two different sports but that assist is not something alien to him for club. he tries that numerous times a game it's just generally a more packed box, different routines etc

Haaland doesn't "just stand" anywhere. His unbelievable movement is arguably his greatest attribute. Hate likening international performances to club, it may aswell be two different sports but that assist is not something alien to him for club. he tries that numerous times a game it's just generally a more packed box, different routines etc
Haaland is the absolute best in the world when it comes to forward runs off the ball during a counterattack, but his instinct and coordination in the box are lacking when playing against the low block. He struggles to find small spaces and doesn't anticipate where the ball could end up. Doesn't have the mind or agility for it.

Its true that Doku sometimes just crosses it in without picking a target but more often Haaland is just hiding instead of pouncing. I think the "blind" cross that Doku is accused of is less common in his game than people think. Check this out:

At 2:36 there is a major cockup and the instinct is to blame Doku for a poor decision, but if you look closely its Lukaku who decides to change direction in the very last moment because hes too slow to shake his defender off.

Either way just an example of how sometimes there is blame for Doku when the blame should go to the recipient. Its often the case with Haaland too.

I really don't understand people who criticize Doku, even if all players can be criticized. In fact, I don't understand players who belittle the player he is.

Do they realize how EXCEPTIONALLY easy he is to eliminate? Apart from Vinicius, no other player in the world has such an ability to eliminate and dribble. With this kind of player, you can make any team retreat, which is a considerable advantage. He's even effective against low blocks and can break the deadlock at any moment. He constantly monopolizes the attention of two or even three players, creating space for the others.

So, yes, he still has room for improvement in the final pass, but he's only 22. Why do you think Pep starts him every game?

I really don't understand people who criticize Doku, even if all players can be criticized. In fact, I don't understand players who belittle the player he is.

Do they realize how EXCEPTIONALLY easy he is to eliminate? Apart from Vinicius, no other player in the world has such an ability to eliminate and dribble. With this kind of player, you can make any team retreat, which is a considerable advantage. He's even effective against low blocks and can break the deadlock at any moment. He constantly monopolizes the attention of two or even three players, creating space for the others.

So, yes, he still has room for improvement in the final pass, but he's only 22. Why do you think Pep starts him every game?
What do you mean by "eliminate"?

I was up and down on him last season and I think there are areas of his game that he needs to tighten up, but he's exciting and when he's on it he's basically unplayable. Gives us a different dimension against teams who will come and sit deep - him and Savinho together actually. So much variety and quality in this team now and Doku's part of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.