11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Only way we were going to open them up last night was by somebody beating their man. Doku is the best we have at that. He started to create plenty by the end of last season. Think his last start this season was West Ham where he put one on a plate for KDB. Should have set up the winner last night and also would have sent Grealish clean through had Foden not got in the way. Decent cameo from the lad.
We did a few times, we just hit their keeper each time sadly.

he makes it look like he will make something happen but very rarely ever does make anything happen. And while there is a place for this kind of chaos its never going to be in the big games unless we are chasing something.

I didnt want him to come on last night, I thought there was as much chance of him costing us the game as winning the game and i didnt want us to take the risk.
I believe I wise man once said "Chaos is a ladder"... or something similar.

You didn't say that. You said you didn't want him him to come on last night.
You asked me have I got a short memory, have you got a short memory? Here is what I said(and I have bolded and made bigger the bit for your convenience):

he makes it look like he will make something happen but very rarely ever does make anything happen. And while there is a place for this kind of chaos its never going to be in the big games unless we are chasing something.

We were chasing something in the fa cup final and he came on, which is perfectly fine as I said.

Last night we werent chasing anything as i said already, we were probing like we do in big games and moving them around albeit slower than normal. I didnt want him to come on last night, I thought we might get a winner without the need to run the risk of conceding from the counter.

I really dont understand how you are struggling with what I am saying. I have explained it enough times so I will move on now.

For some players City’s fans have to demand more and he is one of these players. Right now he is offering us nothing. City needs his contribution, the same with Grealish. We need more goals from different players than Haaland.

For some players City’s fans have to demand more and he is one of these players. Right now he is offering us nothing. City needs his contribution, the same with Grealish. We need more goals from different players than Haaland.
Don’t think he did anything wrong today, we just refused to go down that left hand side. And when he did get on the ball he actually asked questions of the fullback.

The amount of times we refused to give him the ball quickly so he could go 1 v 1 against his fullback was staggering.

A tactic problem more than anything today.

He tired out Timber for Jack ;)

In all seriousness, they doubled down on him every time, and the option of passing for him was Akanji, which Arsenal wasn't concerned about.

He got to the byline and tried to make something happen, don't understand why he was taken off

We had enough players on the pitcb wanting to recycle possession on the edge of the box

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.