#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more times does he have to perform like that before we stop thinking about replacing him

Love the guy
I would be floored if City went after an LB this summer:
1) No obvious improvements on Zinchenko in the market for our system
2) All of our money going towards luring Messi or bidding for Haaland if rumors are to be believed

Can't give him enough credit for his performance today, Salah is one of if not the best right winger around and he's in good form but zinchenko had his number all game and didn't get too much support from sterling in front of him either, a lot of it was 1v1. Hasn't got the pace to match Salah but positional excellent and his composure is second to none. In a hotly contested position with laporte ake cancelo and mendy all looking for games there he has just laid down a new performance marker. Been nothing short of excellent every game since his return to the side.

I thought he struggled a bit for about 15 mins in the first half when Liverpool got down his side a few times. I think that was partly because Sterling was slow tracking back.

Second half he was solid though. Good game overall.

So happy that those comments from his wife (girlfriend?) didn't derail his chances.

I've always liked Zinchenko even when he wasn't a starter, his personality is just so nice to have in this squad.

Now he is putting in performances that make him undroppable as our LB. Considering that Laporte, Ake and Cancelo can easily play there to rest Zinny, I don't see LB as an issue at all, we don't need SO many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.