#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you play in a role before you become it?
He is our best left back by a country mile and is worth his place in the team. I hope we keep him.
There shouldn't be a great deal of difference these days between an old left back and an old left half. The critical thing, I think, is the 'left' bit. I always think that the Cruyff Dutch national teams were stuffed with inside rights and inside lefts, even the goalie (although he was never as good as Eddie would be playing midfield!). Zinky has proved he is more than an adequate left back, but since he realised that a ball was round and rolled away and towards you he has probably spent more time as a midfielder, but I do agree at the highest level most of his games have been at LB. I must admit that I don't know where he plays for the Ukraine national team. I shall await an immediate answer on here. If none is forthcoming from 'international' or Ukrainian Bluemooners I shall 'google' and amend this post accordingly.

There shouldn't be a great deal of difference these days between an old left back and an old left half. The critical thing, I think, is the 'left' bit. I always think that the Cruyff Dutch national teams were stuffed with inside rights and inside lefts, even the goalie (although he was never as good as Eddie would be playing midfield!). Zinky has proved he is more than an adequate left back, but since he realised that a ball was round and rolled away and towards you he has probably spent more time as a midfielder, but I do agree at the highest level most of his games have been at LB. I must admit that I don't know where he plays for the Ukraine national team. I shall await an immediate answer on here. If none is forthcoming from 'international' or Ukrainian Bluemooners I shall 'google' and amend this post accordingly.
He plays in midfield for Ukraine mate. Not sure where but defo midfield.

He's more like box to box when playing for Ukraine. That's his heat map during Ukraine’s Euro qualification campaign
Gavin-Robertson-7.png

Last edited:
He struggled a bit in the first half, but he didn't let his head drop and in the 2nd he did himself proud.

Fantastic 2nd half. He's our starting LB, I don't even think we need to look into the transfer market.

Well that's it really, he's definitely our starting LB now, a bit dodgy in the first half though nothing disastrous, his second half was brilliant just totally owned Salah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.