#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not the best defensively but what he does bring is his ability and calmness on the ball. Laporte, Mendy or Ake would have shit bricks under that first half press we were under.

I've noticed his heading has come on leaps and bounds recently (no pun intended), he's now a very competent header of the ball with a decent jump on him. Always thought it was a weak point for him, but if he's worked on it then fair play to him.

Love him, of course, he isn't as talented as 90% of the squad but for me he is worth keeping around to have on the bench at worst, he is the perfect bench player, sit there and can cover probably any position on the pitch if needed.

What would we get if we sold him? 30m

Absolutely not worth selling at that price, the cover he can bring is worth that and more.

We know he isn't a left back and probably wouldn't play left back for any other team but in a Pep team he recycles the ball with ease and I guess that is what Pep loves most, he has a great touch (mostly, I know he fluffed one today lol) and can play a good ball in as well.

Is it worth mentioning that maybe he played so well as he had a sole job of shackling Salah? He seemed very focused, concentration spot on, and wasn’t having to worry about tucking into midfield or creating any overlaps.

Is it worth mentioning that maybe he played so well as he had a sole job of shackling Salah? He seemed very focused, concentration spot on, and wasn’t having to worry about tucking into midfield or creating any overlaps.

I wouldn’t say it was because of the single focus, although it might have helped him. Our system’s shape made it very difficult for their long balls into the channels. He’s getting better at aerial duals. He’s getting better all round in fact.

His first time ball in the build up to our second goal was KDBesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.