#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His win percentage is something that somehow doesn’t apply to him, just plays in a good team.

However, there has to be something to it as the sample size is a decent number and has played in big games.

If Fernandes had his win percentage, we would hear about it daily!!

Apparently he was offered to Wolves for £15m , they missed a bargain , but if they come back with the same money they can have Mendy.

I was under the impression that he turned it down to stay and fight for his place?
If so, fair play, plays out of position, always gives 100% which is most important.....and if he reads this forum,puts up with a load of shit spouted by people that couldn't kick a football.
As long as he stays we will buy another l/b for alot of money.....and he will still end up first choice.

I was under the impression that he turned it down to stay and fight for his place?
If so, fair play, plays out of position, always gives 100% which is most important.....and if he reads this forum,puts up with a load of shit spouted by people that couldn't kick a football.
As long as he stays we will buy another l/b for alot of money.....and he will still end up first choice.

Dont think Zincheko has had that much crap on here not in comparison to Gundo and FFS, he has had just as many plaudits as criticism , but i have criticised Zinchenko when it was required and praised him when he played well , i played semi-pro for Kirkham and Wesham (now Fylde F.C.) but not sure how that matters. Apparently the clubs agreed a fee , not sure what happened after that all here say and guesswork ,if he couldnt agree terms or Zinchenko decided stayed to fight for his place , every credit to the lad it was the right decision.
But as my original post stated , glad Zinchenko stayed and he has improved every season , he can make the left back spot his own , he doesnt look out of place and he gave Salad next to nothing on Sunday.
With Ake and Laporte and even Mendy able to cover left back , i think our priority will be a top class centre forward more than another over priced left back.

Apparently he was offered to Wolves for £15m , they missed a bargain , but if they come back with the same money they can have Mendy.
Zinchekos on £20k p/w, while Mendy's on £90k p/w.

I reckon the club back then decided to get a new LB in, but have to let either one go. Zinchenko commanded more interest. Nobody's taking Mendy with his injury record and the wages he's on. £20k p/w for the shift Zinchenko puts in every week is a huge bargain.

Fair play to Zinchenko, the LB spot was there for the taking, and he chose to stay and fight for it.

Been brilliant recently, our new approach and solid CB pairing has allowed him to tuck inside and dictate play more. Great utility player. Shouldn't be first choice LB (Wonder if Laporte will take that) but great option for us.

I don't think we offered him out, they bid and we told him and he said I'd rather fight for my place and I think Pep respected that even more tbh.

If we could get him to improve like Zaba improved it will be the biggest bargain ever, as it stands he has done an admirable job in a position he probably never even played in his life, but at least a Pep fullback is more of a midfielder as well :)

His win percentage is something that somehow doesn’t apply to him, just plays in a good team.

However, there has to be something to it as the sample size is a decent number and has played in big games.

If Fernandes had his win percentage, we would hear about it daily!!

Perhaps you're not being serious but how can it not apply to him?

I always feel the team is more balanced with him at LB.

Zinchenko became step by step the best left back we could have dreamed of. A lot of people talk bad about Mendy saying he doesn't have the level of the club and that's not true, Mendy is actually a good player and we think he's shit cause of Zinnie who is just unbelievable. I wouldn't exchange him with any left back in the world today(Except Andy Robertson).

Jordi Alba for example(I watch all the Barça games since 10 years) doesn't have half of his technic and control and even defensivily he's not so great. Ferland Mendy at Real Madrid is better than him defensively but is really shit at the technic and the passing. Luke shaw? We all know he is a joke. Alfonso Davies at Bayern the Munich disappears when there is no space compare to Zinnie. Psg left back are jokes. Alex Sandro at Juventus always give the ball back to De Liight or Chiellini and is shit technically.

Zinnie just worked a loooooooooooooot and became an amazing left back. He almost never loose the ball even in difficults situations and he takes a lot of risks in the construction cause his formation is offensive midfielder. Defensively he became good(not great yet but very good) because he has the mental of a winner and he is really ambitious. He has the same story than Sergi Roberto at Barça who was a midfielder and couldn't play cause there were(Xavi, Iniesta, Arthur,Rakitic,...) at the same time so he became the Barça right back. I can tell you Zinnie is better than him technically and defensively(Sergi beats him for the pace).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.