#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player. Unorthodox at left-back, but you can always see his quality. Doesn't offer the overlapping threat or have the pure pace of a traditional left back, but makes up for it with his close control in tight spaces, technical ability and passing range. Every game he orchestrates a number of penetrating passes that you don't expect from a left back. Has made massive improvements in his defensive ability this year, positioning vastly better.

I'm surprised he played second fiddle to Mendy for so long over the past 24 months; I suspect it's just that every attempt was made to justify Mendy's astronomical fee.

I'd still like to see him get a try in midfield, perhaps at the Fernandinho position at some point. I remember watching him in CM in 2019 in Ukraine's 2-1 win over Portugal and he was very, very good. He could certainly do a job in CM in the event of an injury crisis.

Anyway, this guy's a winner. I suspect he'll be in & around the starting XI for years and years to come -- as long as Pep is in charge.

Exceptional against Saints , vastly underrated player and has got to be the most improved player over the last couple of years , there are lot of good left backs about but he is right up there with the very best , we spent £60m on a left back and he stayed a fought for his place . Every credit to the lad.

He's playing that well that I wouidn't mind seeing him play centrally from the start. Perhaps towards the end of the season

Great player. Unorthodox at left-back, but you can always see his quality. Doesn't offer the overlapping threat or have the pure pace of a traditional left back, but makes up for it with his close control in tight spaces, technical ability and passing range. Every game he orchestrates a number of penetrating passes that you don't expect from a left back. Has made massive improvements in his defensive ability this year, positioning vastly better.

I'm surprised he played second fiddle to Mendy for so long over the past 24 months; I suspect it's just that every attempt was made to justify Mendy's astronomical fee.

I'd still like to see him get a try in midfield, perhaps at the Fernandinho position at some point. I remember watching him in CM in 2019 in Ukraine's 2-1 win over Portugal and he was very, very good. He could certainly do a job in CM in the event of an injury crisis.

Anyway, this guy's a winner. I suspect he'll be in & around the starting XI for years and years to come -- as long as Pep is in charge.
Ive always said that the lad is an absolute legend playing for Ukraine in centre mid,and he has scored some important goals for his national side. A great ,versatile player to have in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.