#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The downside of Zinchenko's progress is he is within a lot of football clubs budgets , his wages are probably below average 40/50k a week , his fee will be under £25m so he is a very sought after players, invariaby we would prefer to get rid of Mendy but the club will want the lions share of the fee and his wages will be north of £100k a week.
Not sure of Zinchenko's contract situation but we need him to re-sign asap , he is the future of the club , as for Mendy i would loan him out as long as we can find someone else daft enough to pay his salary.
Contract extension signed in summer 2019 up to 2024.

Played well but recently Pep has preferred Walker's recovery pace so the solution was to shift Cancelo left and Zinch on the bench.
Bit harsh on Zinch. Makes you wonder if he will ever get the game time he deserves. Especially if we get another LB in the summer.

Played well but recently Pep has preferred Walker's recovery pace so the solution was to shift Cancelo left and Zinch on the bench.
Bit harsh on Zinch. Makes you wonder if he will ever get the game time he deserves. Especially if we get another LB in the summer.

I think it's more about opposition. If we're up against a rapid counter attacking team then we'll probably start Walker at right back and Cancelo at left back with Laporte playing on the left side of the back two to make up for Cancelo's right footedness and inclination to cut inside.

I think this was probably the idea against Wolves but they ended up playing Adama mainly as a centre forward and had Nelson Semedo covering the middle, more than likely to track Cancelo playing in his recent free roaming role. I guess Pep saw this and Cancelo ended up playing wider as a result.

I think Zinchenko would have been absolutely fine against Wolves but I can see why Walker and Cancelo started instead. I'm sure he'll still be called upon plenty of times.

tenor.gif

Ake too is now in a similar backup/utility role. So if we shift Zinchenko, it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, I'm cetain that Ake is talented enough to start at CB in most sides - he'll likely want to transfer given our depth at CB.
You’d be bonkers to think Ake can play Zinchenko’s role. I really don’t like Ake at left back. Emergencies only for me.

I think it's more about opposition. If we're up against a rapid counter attacking team then we'll probably start Walker at right back and Cancelo at left back with Laporte playing on the left side of the back two to make up for Cancelo's right footedness and inclination to cut inside.

I think this was probably the idea against Wolves but they ended up playing Adama mainly as a centre forward and had Nelson Semedo covering the middle, more than likely to track Cancelo playing in his recent free roaming role. I guess Pep saw this and Cancelo ended up playing wider as a result.

I think Zinchenko would have been absolutely fine against Wolves but I can see why Walker and Cancelo started instead. I'm sure he'll still be called upon plenty of times.
Agreed. I think teams that like to press we'd probably use Zinch and Cancelo.

As for Ake I can only see him as a back up CB or playing how we play with Walker plus 2 CB's in a back 3 in possession. Ake would be like Walker on the left with Cancelo on the right in the inverted FB role.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-target-off-limits-as-new-deal-readied/

There is chatter our manager could make a move if City did decide to cash in, but boss Pep Guardiola will instead move out France defender Benjamin Mendy, with bosses currently preparing a new five-year-deal for Zinchenko.

The player still has three years left on his existing agreement and snubbed a £20m move to Wolves last summer, preferring instead to battle for his place.

It’s understood City now value the 24-year-old at closer to £40m, which would likely have made us think again – even if European football was on the menu.

Zinchenko has been happy enough accepting rotation under Guardiola and with new wages of £90k a week on the horizon, it isn’t difficult to understand why he will be off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.