11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times this morning has a detailed analysis of Zinchenkos play on Saturday and its impressive stuff re passes etc and overall contribution. Also discusses how the team has averaged 3.4 goals per game when he plays.

Not sure our press would sink as low as trying to spin the phrase he used at the end of that post, into something it's not but I've already seen some twitter Karens attempt it.

They are trying to claim he is showing support of Neo Nazi's by saying "Glory to Ukraine".

Which of course he isn't and neither are the majority of Ukrainians saying it. It's a Russian led narrative apparently, which they are trying to feed into the media.

The greeting used by the Ukrainian allies(many Ukrainians weren't), was "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!". They borrowed the first part from an existing phrase, which was around long before(19th century) the Nazi occupation of Ukraine and added something to it, to make it their own. So the first part was never really a Nazi greeting on it's own anyway.

Not sure our press would sink as low as trying to spin the phrase he used at the end of that post, into something it's not but I've already seen some twitter Karens attempt it.

They are trying to claim he is showing support of Neo Nazi's by saying "Glory to Ukraine".

Which of course he isn't and neither are the majority of Ukrainians saying it. It's a Russian led narrative apparently, which they are trying to feed into the media.

The greeting used by the Ukrainian allies(many Ukrainians weren't), was "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!". They borrowed the first part from an existing phrase, which was around long before(19th century) the Nazi occupation of Ukraine and added something to it, to make it their own. So the first part was never really a Nazi greeting on it's own anyway.
The 'glory to', bit is quite fascist sounding you have to say! Ukraine got a complicated history that's for sure

I don't want to be that guy but I think this conflict could have played part in lack of his gametime. Understandably it would have taken a mental toll on him, I hope he's okay and I'm sure the club would be supporting him through it. Very unfortunate to be in this situation as a pro.

If war in Ukraine was going to effect his playtime he wouldn’t be a professional footballer.

He left Shakhtar 7 years ago because of the war in Donetsk, his homeland has been in all our war for his entire professional career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.