11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on the books since 2016 - must have had options to leave, but he's one stubborn lad :). Dug in every time and backed himself to succeed here.
Doesn't get the game time Zabba did, but he's as close to him as you can find. Unfussy, uncomplicated but man can he do the job when called on

What does that even mean? Not good enough to start ahead of Bernardo Silva and KDB in a big game all things being equal? Obviously.

If you're saying he's not capable of playing some games there or coming on as a sub, I don't know what player you've been watching for the last 3 years.
Simple really mate. I don’t believe he’s good enough to start any game for us in that position

Over the past 3 years I’ve been watching an AM, who isn’t good enough to get into our team in that position, develop into a very dependable LB

He’s played CM twice for us if memory serves & wasn’t great.

What have you been watching the last 3 years? And don’t you think if he was good enough, our management team might have tried him there more than twice?

Have you watched the highlights of his performance in midfield for the Ukrainian national team? He is even better in midfield than he is at fullback. If we are going to put Zinch up against our midfielders, I would say he totally outclasses Grealish.
Ever see highlights of Gorgeous George before City signed him? ;)

Perhaps, but he wouldn‘t necessarily have to play as an 8. Stick him alongside Rodri, and have De Bruyne (or Grealish, or Foden) play ahead of them. I think he‘s good enough to do a job in there when we need to rest 1 or 2 of the big guns.
When do we ever play with 2 holders tho? Maybe he could do a job next to Rodri, but I don’t think we’ll get to see us play with a 2?

When do we ever play with 2 holders tho? Maybe he could do a job next to Rodri, but I don’t think we’ll get to see us play with a 2?
I think we have shifted a bit in that direction. Against Watford we had Fernandinho and Rodri behind De Bruyne. Even last night, Bernardo was much deeper than Kev. In the semi against Liverpool, he was with Fernandinho behind Grealish.
I wouldn‘t necessarily think of them as holders or defensive midfielders, just a slight change in shape towards a 4-2-3-1 or even a kind of 4-4-2 / 4-2-4, with De Bruyne often pushed right up along the 9 / False 9.

Regarding him as a midfielder, been wanting him tried there for years. Pep even let him play there once or twice.

His skillset is clearly very suited for it and it's his original position.

Also, whoever mentioned it, we definitely DO play with a midfield 2, don't be fooled by the formation, we have a clear 10 (kevin or phil) who presses with the striker leaving (rodri, gundogan or bernie) next to each other.

I don't see why Zinny can't do gundogans role in the future. Could even save us money, I've long thought we should simply abandon fullbacks considering how often we play 325 in attack with wingers and nor fullbacks like other teams, all top teams attack in this way (5 lane attack with 5 support) or might do 235, same idea.

Can also easily use Cancelo in midfield too, I think both players prefer playing inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.