11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never question his desire or ability with the ball. But he was exposed badly today and looked like a midfielder playing left back.

i think we need a proper left back to compete with cancelo.
Not just today, that Chiquino from Wolves also destroyed him on numerous occasions but that went under the radar, today however he was well and truly exposed.

Give the lad a bit of leeway , but he was defensively very poor against West Ham , its rare he lets us down and when he does it should be highlighted , with all the changes to our back four they lacked the cohesion when playing the high line and no doubt this contributed to his display. For 90% of our games he is good enough but its the 10% that will always mean he will be a back up player for us.

He didn’t have a great game but having a half fit Laporte next to him probably didn’t help. He gives it everything and on occasion it might not be enough but he never hides. He’s a good character as a squad guy I’d say but clearly we need a proper left back.

Another shocker and as much as he`s a tryer he aint our solution.
He and Fernandinho were the logical targets for West Ham today.

Zinchenko has never actually improved as a full back in all the time he's played there. Defence is not a natural position for him. It's been obvious fir ages.

He's got the heart of a lion, but to use him as a defender in an elite team is like putting an Elastoplast on a broken leg.

Poor game today but overall a very good squad player. Very rarely let’s us down. His game time has been limited this season and with the Ukraine situation he is bound to be affected in some way. So unlucky to lose Dias, stone and Walker. Crazy if you think about it. Decent player and a decent lad. No need to hound him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.