11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of three fullbacks, he's been part of three, almost four, title winning squads, he doesn't mind rotation, he's popular with his teammates, he's possibly the lowest earner in the first team squad.

It's the perfect use of a squad space and I don't think selling him makes sense on any level.

We just need another left back.
Sell him for anywhere around 15 - 18m, release Mendy and get his wages off our books, get a decent fullback for about 35m and promote Kabore.

A comparison of Zinchenko, Cancelo and Raum (a player who I believe Pep could turn into a world class left back). Considering the games and minutes played, his goals, assists and chances created ratio is something that we could definitely benefit from, his defensive work isn't as good as Cancelo but way better than Zinchenko and playing for a team like City, his defensive abilities would only get better.

raum.JPG

Last edited:
He is fine for our left back the main problem is we have Dias out Ake out Walker out and Stones out! My worry is that stones is always injured and Ake been out injured now a few times. We have to start looking at Mbete as a back up at centre back because we ain’t getting anymore centre backs but we need a new right back midfielder this summer.

city" data-source="post: 14899234" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sell him for anywhere around 15 - 18m, release Mendy and get his wages off our books, a quality fullback for about 35m and promote Kabore.

Mendy been paid of I believe and gone we ain’t selling Zinchenko unless he wants out.

he is not an Lb, never was, never will be. he does not have the basic fullback instincts to suss out danger and stop it.
cannot blame him for that, put Foden in LB and he would struggle even more imo.

madness we have Zinchenko as LB in CL final and this season again vs Real Madrid because we refuse to buy a proper LB. cut our losses on Mendy asap and replace him properly. Zinchenko should not get more than 4-5 games as LB in a season and those mostly should be FA cup or Carabao games.

he is not an Lb, never was, never will be. he does not have the basic fullback instincts to suss out danger and stop it.
cannot blame him for that, put Foden in LB and he would struggle even more imo.

madness we have Zinchenko as LB in CL final and this season again vs Real Madrid because we refuse to buy a proper LB. cut our losses on Mendy asap and replace him properly. Zinchenko should not get more than 4-5 games as LB in a season and those mostly should be FA cup or Carabao games.
If that's the idea then we would be better off using one of the youngsters, I doubt if Zinch would be happy if his game time gets drastically reduced.

I think anyone hoping to move Zinchenko on this summer is going to end up very disappointed. It's so far down on the list of priorities, for several very good reasons, that it's just not going to happen unless he suddenly decides he wants out.

Hopefully we bring in a top quality left back because we desperately need one and have done for some time.

He is fine for our left back the main problem is we have Dias out Ake out Walker out and Stones out! My worry is that stones is always injured and Ake been out injured now a few times. We have to start looking at Mbete as a back up at centre back because we ain’t getting anymore centre backs but we need a new right back midfielder this summer.
Mbete seems to have spent half his life sat on our bench. You have to wonder what the fuck he is doing there at this stage as it is most certainly not to enter the field of play as a substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.