11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko had an OK game versus Norwich - beaten once or thrice on defense and a careless pass or two of his were intercepted to create dangerous scoring opportunities for our opponents.

When not pressured he of course is able to put in a nice cross.

Anyhow, he covered for Cancelo and performed OK. Which is what is expected of a squad player.

Zinchenko had an OK game versus Norwich - beaten once or thrice on defense and a careless pass or two of his were intercepted to create dangerous scoring opportunities for our opponents.

When not pressured he of course is able to put in a nice cross.

Anyhow, he covered for Cancelo and performed OK. Which is what is expected of a squad player.

This is a staggeringly harsh assessment.

This is a staggeringly harsh assessment.
Perhaps so. I'm not a huge fan of his play (obviously). And as such, I'm attuned to watch for his errors - as opposed to fans of his that watch for his good plays.

Watch his touches though. They go like this mostly.

He receives the ball. He then temporarily stands on the ball. Next, he drags the ball to his favorite foot. When not under pressure he'll mostly pass forward. Otherwise, he'll mostly pass backward.

Nearly every other one of our players is much more deft in passing. By which I mean - start a stopwatch from the time he receives the ball to the time he passes it. He's extremely slow.

Another factor to consider - against weak opposition such as Norwich, Zenchenko is wide open. He can dally on the ball without any pressure and then look up, taking his time to spot the best pass. And then, after a few seconds, he'll deliver a good pass - the guy has talent for sure otherwise he'd not be in our squad.

But a better player acts like this. He forms a mental picture of potential passes by looking at the field in front of him. While simultaneously assessing how open he is. Thus, when he receives the ball, he is frequently able to one-touch the ball forward into a very dangerous situation. And this sort of skill is 100% not Zinchenko.

Still, I like Zinczenko's attitude and apparent willingness to accept his limitations and fill in as a squad player. We would obviously sign an upgrade.... but would an upgrade be willing to sit on the bench so often? Or mesh with the team as well?

Last edited:
Such a valuable player to the squad. To be that good of a player and be happy to miss out on a lot of football and still be content, that’s priceless.
You're spot on about his attitude.

As far as his performance goes - it's OK. Nothing more. We could replace him with many other similarly talented players.

What sets Zinchenko aside from the numerous players that might replace him is his willingness to accept a backup role. And for that reason I like him.

But for those that exclaim his performance as MoTM worthy - I absolutely disagree. I won't repeat here why I think so as I've explained why in detail in my posts above.

Last edited:
Perhaps so. I'm not a huge fan of his play (obviously). And as such, I'm attuned to watch for his errors - as opposed to fans of his that watch for his good plays.

Watch his touches though. They go like this mostly.

He receives the ball. He then temporarily stands on the ball. Next, he drags the ball to his favorite foot. When not under pressure he'll mostly pass forward. Otherwise, he'll mostly pass backward.

Nearly every other one of our players is much more deft in passing. By which I mean - start a stopwatch from the time he receives the ball to the time he passes it. He's extremely slow.

Another factor to consider - against weak opposition such as Norwich, Zenchenko is wide open. He can dally on the ball without any pressure and then look up, taking his time to spot the best pass. And then, after a few seconds, he'll deliver a good pass - the guy has talent for sure otherwise he'd not be in our squad.

But a better player acts like this. He forms a mental picture of potential passes by looking at the field in front of him. While simultaneously assessing how open he is. Thus, when he receives the ball, he is frequently able to one-touch the ball forward into a very dangerous situation. And this sort of skill is 100% not Zinchenko.

Still, I like Zinczenko's attitude and apparent willingness to accept his limitations and fill in as a squad player. We would obviously sign an upgrade.... but would an upgrade be willing to sit on the bench so often? Or mesh with the team as well?
Youve pointed out how yesterday was against Norwich yet fail to mention how good he has also been against the likes of PSG and Chelsea previously

As far as his performance goes - it's OK. Nothing more. We could replace him with many other similarly talented players.

What sets Zinchenko aside from the numerous players that might replace him is his willingness to accept a backup role. And for that reason I like him.

But for those that exclaim his performance as MoTM worthy - I absolutely disagree. I won't repeat here why I think so as I've explained why in detail in my posts above.
You can replace Zinchenko with a better player, but that player may not want to sit on the bench for majority of games. He’s so valuable to us and he never puts a foot wrong.

Not many similary talented like Zinchenko is willing to get benched, because most of them will regulary started for more than half Premier League Team.

Zinchenko is odd one and very rare case of professional who didn't moan and complaining about playing time.

If ever in what years I have left I became "attuned to watch" any player for errors or indeed good play, I would never watch a game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.