11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love him, but he was fucking awful tonight. Outmuscled, gave the ball away cheaply continually, caught dallying in possession, and shagged countless times for pace by that winger.
89% pass rate.....but "continually gave the ball away" have a think about that ;)
Beaten for pace by a faster player.....can't do anything about that, but pace does'nt make you a good player, how did Usain Bolts football career go.....just asking.

He really struggled against their pacey winger whose name escapes me. Had the beating of him numerous times but you can never question his work rate. Always works hard for the team.

Think we saw last night why Zinch isn't gonna to be that player who makes the role his permanently

Great squad player who you're always confident will do the job required, but he's just not quite good enough for that role that we don't need a better LB, just has those games where the wingers target him with pace and power and while he stands up well to the challenge there are other times he just gets overwhelmed

But love having him as part of the squad

Also wil lthey give him a wage increase FFS...hes on peanuts and his commitment to the club deserves better

After his best game for us vs Newcastle, I thought that was his worse. His distribution was a little awry.
Obviously your Ukranian guest took too much out of him at training @Didsbury Dave . Tell the lad to go a little easier next time ;-)

89% pass rate.....but "continually gave the ball away" have a think about that ;)
Beaten for pace by a faster player.....can't do anything about that, but pace does'nt make you a good player, how did Usain Bolts football career go.....just asking.
It’s amazing how much different a game looks when you’re not watching it through a prism of stress. I rewatched the match this morning and Zinchenko was way better than I had imagined last night. In fact I made it 77 accurate passes (albeit the huge majority pretty straightforward) and only 4 inaccurate passes all evening. There was a little period of sloppiness immediately before and after half time when he was lucky not to concede a penalty, got caught dawdling in possession and set up a counterattack, and then gave away a silly free kick in a dangerous position and copped for a yellow into the bargain, but apart from that he was actually pretty solid throughout. I can only assume that confirmation bias kicked in after that little poor spell and coloured my judgment for the rest of the evening! My apologies!

Sure he’s a good lad etc etc

However if you were the opposition manager looking to exploit any potential weakness in this very good side you would target Zinchenko….

so for me we need to look to improve that position.

you might say that position is Cancelo’s

but I still feel he could be improved upon as a left sided defender.

Who it should be is another question altogether - but I just feel it’s our weakest position as a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.