11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry CB, I cannot be arsed on further discussion with you because you can only see negatives in him with no positives. You can't see the wood 'fir' the trees, as they say; )

Oh, just check how many have voted him MOtM on here btw.
He occasionally puts in an OK performance as I said. But forgive me for taking with a pinch of salt MOTM votes. 2 people voted for him yesterday, for example.

Sell him for anywhere around 15 - 18m, release Mendy and get his wages off our books, get a decent fullback for about 35m and promote Kabore.

A comparison of Zinchenko, Cancelo and Raum (a player who I believe Pep could turn into a world class left back). Considering the games and minutes played, his goals, assists and chances created ratio is something that we could definitely benefit from, his defensive work isn't as good as Cancelo but way better than Zinchenko and playing for a team like City, his defensive abilities would only get better.

View attachment 43370
Why not compare his stats with other players who have played 14 games. Cancelo and Zinny are different types of players and are usually asked to play different tactical roles, so you are not comparing like with like, not to mention you have allowed Cancelo 21 extra games to boost his stats and not all of Zinny's games were full games.

Decent lad for sure, but IMO a pretty poor left back. You say "rarely lets us down"? I think he usually lets us down with mistakes and iffy defending and at the other end, he is not creative enough to excuse it.
You sound like Neville , he names a player before a game he claims will be a weakness or poor and then spends the entire game trying to prove that he was right all along, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

He occasionally puts in an OK performance as I said. But forgive me for taking with a pinch of salt MOTM votes. 2 people voted for him yesterday, for example.
You don't like him, i get that but "he occasionally put's and ok performance". Really, only ok? You're talking utter shite now.

And you cannot judge him by yesterday's (2 votes) performance, but you have and made your mind up that he's shit. I fuckin' despair as you are an intelligent guy CB.

I think you're just deliberately taking the piss, tbh.

Sell him for anywhere around 15 - 18m, release Mendy and get his wages off our books, get a decent fullback for about 35m and promote Kabore.

A comparison of Zinchenko, Cancelo and Raum (a player who I believe Pep could turn into a world class left back). Considering the games and minutes played, his goals, assists and chances created ratio is something that we could definitely benefit from, his defensive work isn't as good as Cancelo but way better than Zinchenko and playing for a team like City, his defensive abilities would only get better.

View attachment 43370
Nope - he remains a good squad player.
Not defending yesterday's performance, but will say we lacked a leader in that back 4 (which is a surprise when Fern was in there) - was the worst offside trap of the season by a mile.
As for Mendy - I doubt legally we can release him as his contract runs until 2023, and he's not currently convicted of anything (let's not reopen further discussions on that subject)
We MUST sign a LB this summer though

You sound like Neville , he names a player before a game he claims will be a weakness or poor and then spends the entire game trying to prove that he was right all along, regardless of what happens on the pitch.
That's just nonsense. I actually like the guy as a professional with decent attitude and commitment. I am always delighted when he does well and have said so on these very forums. I just don't see it often enough and for me, he's not good enough... as a left back at least, and that's the only place we play him. That others have a different view is fine by me.

That's just nonsense. I actually like the guy as a professional with decent attitude and commitment. I am always delighted when he does well and have said so on these very forums. I just don't see it often enough and for me, he's not good enough... as a left back at least, and that's the only place we play him. That others have a different view is fine by me.
Different,reasoned and balanced views are fine by me also.

Nope - he remains a good squad player.
Not defending yesterday's performance, but will say we lacked a leader in that back 4 (which is a surprise when Fern was in there) - was the worst offside trap of the season by a mile.
As for Mendy - I doubt legally we can release him as his contract runs until 2023, and he's not currently convicted of anything (let's not reopen further discussions on that subject)
We MUST sign two LB this summer though

Just watched MOTD2 and I’d forgotten that as well as both goals, he was at fault for what were nearly three other goals (Dawson, Coufal header to Bowen and an awful clearance). We 100% need Ake fit for next week.
I pointed that out earlier...whether he stays or not he should never line up at LB in a meaningful situation for us again...you can't have KDB, Silva, Haaland, etc. and then Zinny at LB...not personal and not his fault...he's just not good enough there for us...wasn't that him Havertz ran away from in CL final last May...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.