11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor game today but overall a very good squad player. Very rarely let’s us down. His game time has been limited this season and with the Ukraine situation he is bound to be affected in some way. So unlucky to lose Dias, stone and Walker. Crazy if you think about it. Decent player and a decent lad. No need to hound him out.
Decent lad for sure, but IMO a pretty poor left back. You say "rarely lets us down"? I think he usually lets us down with mistakes and iffy defending and at the other end, he is not creative enough to excuse it.

He doesn't. You're just so used to winning that the disappointments stand out.
It's not like I am only on his back because we didn't win mate. I am always on his back because I think he's usually rubbish.

I am always pleasantly surprised when he has a half decent game without some howler or other, and always not remotely surprised when the opposite happens.

If he’s a lovely lad but a bit wank, it’s not hypocrisy to say that. It would only be hypocritical or back stabbing to say he’s a lovely lad but he’s a ****. Him being a lovely lad does not mean he is at the required talent level for City moving forward. There are street loads of lovely lads in the U.K. but it doesn’t mean I want GDM playing left back next season.

As for “Pep knows best”, if you genuinely think Pep wants him as our main or second choice left back next season then you want your bumps feeling. We’ll be buying a left back in the summer for sure.
"As for “Pep knows best”, if you genuinely think Pep wants him as our main or second choice left back next season then you want your bumps feeling. We’ll be buying a left back in the summer for sure.".
Pep has brought us to unparalleled levels of success, Zinchenko has been praised by him for his contributions to that success, I trust his judgement. I was not referring to next season, I am not a fortune teller, Mendy needs to be replaced obviously but I doubt our budget will allow us to bring in 2 left backs in one transfer period.

It's not like I am only on his back because we didn't win mate. I am always on his back because I think he's usually rubbish.

I am always pleasantly surprised when he has a half decent game without some howler or other, and always not remotely surprised when the opposite happens.
What a steaming pile of pap!

"Pleasantly surprised when he has a half decent game". Eh? : /

How the fuck does he get MOtM performances if he's rubbish? Do yourself a favour pal and get an appointment booked at Specsavers sharpish because your judgement of him is flawed, bigtime.

Hard to be critical of him with everything that is going on. However his performances have not been good enough looks very slow. Pep might as well have played Egan-Riley at right back and moved Cancelo over to LB.

What a steaming pile of pap!

"Pleasantly surprised when he has a half decent game". Eh? : /

How the fuck does he get MOtM performances if he's rubbish? Do yourself a favour pal and get an appointment booked at Specsavers sharpish because your judgement of him is flawed, bigtime.
Plenty of people on here disagree with you. And BTW, MOtm - when was that??

Plenty of people on here disagree with you. And BTW, MOtm - when was that??

Sorry CB, I cannot be arsed on further discussion with you because you can only see negatives in him with no positives. You can't see the wood 'fir' the trees, as they say; )

Oh, just check how many have voted him MOtM on here btw.

Sell him for anywhere around 15 - 18m, release Mendy and get his wages off our books, get a decent fullback for about 35m and promote Kabore.

A comparison of Zinchenko, Cancelo and Raum (a player who I believe Pep could turn into a world class left back). Considering the games and minutes played, his goals, assists and chances created ratio is something that we could definitely benefit from, his defensive work isn't as good as Cancelo but way better than Zinchenko and playing for a team like City, his defensive abilities would only get better.

View attachment 43370

If you look at any of those actions on a per-minute basis to mitigate for the different amounts of playing time, Zinchenko makes more ball recoveries, tackles, passes, and blocks than both of the other two, and I don't think he actually scores lowest in anything other than goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.