115 Charges - FAQs

I think the simple answer is "nothing", but purely because it's subject to legal proceedings, and can't really.
The club, players and fans have been vilified by the media since the takeover. It has been relentless and has got more aggressive, spiteful and at times evil as it has gone on. From the way it looks, the club haven't lifted a finger in a concerted effort to try and stop it or at least tone it down. They have lost complete control of the narrative. As DD has stated, the normal football fan now firmly believes we are a dirty oil money-funded club, that are serial cheats and has no fans, and the fans we do have are plastics. This in my opinion is the one area where the club have seriously fucked up and it's way too late to try and change it now. United and Liverpool have numerous paid client journalists and media shills, constantly pumping out positive articles about them, literally on a daily basis, and it works. Why didn't we, or don't we do the same? We have so much going for us as a club and a team it is frightening, but hardly any of it is ever mentioned or sees the light of day. A decent, switched-on PR company could / would have a field day. But instead, all we get is radio silence and hate continues to be relentlessly pumped out and ramped up. Yes, we have won on the field, that is without a doubt. But our achievements, reputation and legacy have been shredded beyond repair, and it's criminal that the club have been totally passive for over a decade and allowed it to happen. All we have is a few hardcore fans, like Stefan, Rabin, Jay and Prestwich Blue who are prepared to put their heads above the parapet in an effort to stem the tide. Not good enough. Absolutely nowhere near good enough from the club. After the CAS victory, we should have come out all guns blazing and put a stop to it. We didn't, and history has a habit of repeating itself if allowed, and here we are again. You reap what you sow, and the prolonged media hate campaign is the harvest of our total lack of effort of doing the square root of fuck all to stop it.

The club, players and fans have been vilified by the media since the takeover. It has been relentless and has got more aggressive, spiteful and at times evil as it has gone on. From the way it looks, the club haven't lifted a finger in a concerted effort to try and stop it or at least tone it down. They have lost complete control of the narrative. As DD has stated, the normal football fan now firmly believes we are a dirty oil money-funded club, that are serial cheats and has no fans, and the fans we do have are plastics. This in my opinion is the one area where the club have seriously fucked up and it's way too late to try and change it now. United and Liverpool have numerous paid client journalists and media shills, constantly pumping out positive articles about them, literally on a daily basis, and it works. Why didn't we, or don't we do the same? We have so much going for us as a club and a team it is frightening, but hardly any of it is ever mentioned or sees the light of day. A decent, switched-on PR company could / would have a field day. But instead, all we get is radio silence and hate continues to be relentlessly pumped out and ramped up. Yes, we have won on the field, that is without a doubt. But our achievements, reputation and legacy have been shredded beyond repair, and it's criminal that the club have been totally passive for over a decade and allowed it to happen. All we have is a few hardcore fans, like Stefan, Rabin, Jay and Prestwich Blue who are prepared to put their heads above the parapet in an effort to stem the tide. Not good enough. Absolutely nowhere near good enough from the club. After the CAS victory, we should have come out all guns blazing and put a stop to it. We didn't, and history has a habit of repeating itself if allowed, and here we are again. You reap what you sow, and the prolonged media hate campaign is the harvest of our total lack of effort of doing the square root of fuck all to stop it.
Who is Jay?

It certainly feels like that, and there is a sense that the Club have decided upon an everyone will come around to admiring us and giving us credit if we stay shtum approach. Admirable, but it's a very long and uncertain game to play.

It worries me that we don't have people doing interviews - it doesn't evn have to be club employees, in fact it probably can't be - talking about the way that other clubs have conspired against us, the fact that these rules were put in place to stop us, the fact that everyone is assuming guilt, the fact that we have been cleared once. Just an alternative narrative. Anyone high profile connected but not employed by the club could do it.

I honestly don't know why there is no Twitter Account set up by a PR company to do a similar job that that guy was doing to jounralists a few years ago. Rabin I think. Messages to counter the lies. That Liverpool fan went fucking viral; with that doctored image of the stadium at the weekend. A lie spreads around the world before the truth has its boots on. The damage is done.Everyone thinks we have a half empty stadium every week. And there is damage: kids are not suporting City because of the barrage of "EMpty Seats/Shit fans/Cheats" they get in the playground.

I've seriously thought about setting one up myself.
Just do it Dave.

It worries me that we don't have people doing interviews - it doesn't evn have to be club employees, in fact it probably can't be - talking about the way that other clubs have conspired against us, the fact that these rules were put in place to stop us, the fact that everyone is assuming guilt, the fact that we have been cleared once. Just an alternative narrative. Anyone high profile connected but not employed by the club could do it.

I honestly don't know why there is no Twitter Account set up by a PR company to do a similar job that that guy was doing to jounralists a few years ago. Rabin I think. Messages to counter the lies. That Liverpool fan went fucking viral; with that doctored image of the stadium at the weekend. A lie spreads around the world before the truth has its boots on. The damage is done.Everyone thinks we have a half empty stadium every week. And there is damage: kids are not suporting City because of the barrage of "EMpty Seats/Shit fans/Cheats" they get in the playground.

I've seriously thought about setting one up myself.
There used to be a few of us on there years ago that regularly made people look as stupid as they are, Rusholme Waltz, spider manc are a couple that spring to mind, as well as quite a few that used to post on here. It was done in a clever and hilarious way, we caught some big ones too. I personally remember embarrassing Collymore and Christian. Sadly they don't have the reach anymore due to bans, their new accounts haven't got the follower numbers.
Had these charges happened 10-12 years ago, the blues on twitter would have done a great job.
Definitely worth doing, I'm sure you'd get some great back up.

Last edited:
Exactly - it's like we have to salivate on Khaldoon's vehement denial for a whole 12 months - and a "that's good enough for you" treatment of the fans - yet we're that one's that have to take this relentless diatribe about our guilt every fcking day and turn up and cheer and shout and that's it. That's why rare snippets of resistance from people like Jay and Stefan are so needed - the club is giving us nothing - nobody expects the legal ins and outs, understandably, above all our pay grades - but a bit of "we totally refute the premise of that article" would go a long way.

This is the crux, I think it's also feeding into a lot of us just turning up on match days and going with the flow, I've felt indifferent all season which I've never felt before, genuinely not enjoying it because there's all this going on behind the scenes, can't talk footy with colleagues now as it just ends up ridiculous name calling etc.

Totally bored with the lot of it, the club need to start showing some passion to get us fans up for the fight again.

This is the crux, I think it's also feeding into a lot of us just turning up on match days and going with the flow, I've felt indifferent all season which I've never felt before, genuinely not enjoying it because there's all this going on behind the scenes, can't talk footy with colleagues now as it just ends up ridiculous name calling etc.

Totally bored with the lot of it, the club need to start showing some passion to get us fans up for the fight again.
Yep - some say just ignore it (trying to be helpful) - but that's OK if you can remove yourself from it - living and working in Manchester it gets to you after a while, plus elsewhere else I imagine, with the biased, snidey, media reporting.
Gets deflating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.