12,000 points first day of sale for Cardiff Away

de niro said:
Regular Joe said:
de niro said:

Yes, this is bang on, but also completely irrelevant to the discussion about rolling points.

It isn't just about rolling points though so IMO it is relevant. This thread or indeed the moaners would'nt even be here had we still been shit. We would, the fans that just wanted to watch city good or bad.

As it happens there is already a rolling system, its call life. All our circumstances change over a period of time. Marriage usually means we go to games less, fans catch your points up. Kids, fans catch you up, work or no work, fans catch you up, and of course health and pure old age, fans catch you up.
Its a system that's always been in place and always will.
On that basis, nobody catches anyone up because everyone has things going on in life. At a young age you have things going on too that would stop you catching up.

The thing that's wrong with that argument as well is that I have a very healthy number of points that I don't have to worry about getting tickets to most games. But I find LPs are unfair to younger fans. So I'm a "moaner" that thinks the 2001 random date, when we weren't even as shit as we'd been a few years earlier, has no relevance to to anything even though I have a good number of points. Which contradicts your logic.

allan harper said:
SWP's back said:
allan harper said:
How can it be fair that I amass more points then someone else this season, meaning I've spent more time/money than that person, then in 10 years time we both have our points wiped out for this season. I'm not seeing what you're seeing mate.
Why should it be fair that everyone's was wiped pre 2001?

A rolling ten year period would reward continued loyalty which is what the club care about at the end of the day.

Why the need for the 10 year rolling period, the club reward loyalty without it? Everyone has had the opportunity to get extra points by going platinum and signing up to all cup schemes, that's every season ticket holder.

There was a poster on here some time back who said there is an high percentage of season ticket holders who've never been to a cup game, that isn't showing the same loyalty as those that attend these fixtures, so why the need to punish those fans.

I've given you an example of how quickly points can be quickly amassed.

I remember the days when I couldn't get a united away ticket but in time I've claimed the ladder, likewise so will others, in time.

I've got 9700 and I'm 14, my mates got 8000 and he's 14 too

MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:
SWP's back said:

A rolling ten year period would reward continued loyalty which is what the club care about at the end of the day.

Why the need for the 10 year rolling period, the club reward loyalty without it? Everyone has had the opportunity to get extra points by going platinum and signing up to all cup schemes, that's every season ticket holder.

There was a poster on here some time back who said there is an high percentage of season ticket holders who've never been to a cup game, that isn't showing the same loyalty as those that attend these fixtures, so why the need to punish those fans.

I remember the days when I couldn't get a united away ticket but in time I've claimed the ladder, likewise so will others, in time.

So you have been in the fortunate position of never having to buy a ticket yet however an impressive total

de niro said:
It isn't just about rolling points though so IMO it is relevant. This thread or indeed the moaners would'nt even be here had we still been shit. We would, the fans that just wanted to watch city good or bad.

As it happens there is already a rolling system, its call life. All our circumstances change over a period of time. Marriage usually means we go to games less, fans catch your points up. Kids, fans catch you up, work or no work, fans catch you up, and of course health and pure old age, fans catch you up.

Well said de niro, this is more or less what I was trying to say in my posting about health and old age etc. This could be my last season for going to every match home and away, Britain and Europe, as I am having greater difficulty in walking and standing. But I am going to make the most of it especially when we get through all the rounds and edge closer and closer to the final of everything!! ;-)

Onwards and upwards with Manchester City, the Boys in Blue never give in.

mancitymick said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:

So you have been in the fortunate position of never having to buy a ticket yet however an impressive total
Thanks :), agree on the rolling period tho, would give everyone a fair chance, instead of always being at a disadvantage if starting a year or two after others.

MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:
SWP's back said:

Good totals those - My lad is 16 and has 8500 - there are lots of lads of this age that have the points to show it can be done so why in ten years time should any of them lose out to someone who starts now? These are lads who were nippers when we moved to COMS and have put the time in, home and away, when the shite down the road were dominating the trophies, the TV, the press and the playground and we got excited about chinese superstars and third rate italian strikers.

I cant see, and more importantly he cant see, why he should have the same chance of a ticket in 10 years time as someone who has been going home and away for 30 years and similarly cant see why a lad who starts going now should have the same chance as him in 10 years time.

If we were talking about access to an unlimited commodity then there would be no problem but we are not. Match tickets are limited and access to them should be given to those whose points reflect their loyalty (which for me is a combination of length of service, games attended, forward commitment to the club). Our system works but I have been going for over 30 years and spent a fortune doing it so I would say that, wouldnt I.

Sorry about this, but why don't people just admit that they want a guaranteed ticket for the OT Derby or Semi Final/Final tickets at Wembley. All this crap about coming up with a fairer system that entitles relatively new supporters to whore their way up the points table. Sometimes life is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes you have to do the hard yards and earn the right to things. I speak as someone with just shy of 8k points and I have earnt all those at the new stadium. That isn't to say I wasn't a season ticket holder at Maine Road. I was. I was also a regular at away matches so in some respects I have done the hard yards. I don't begrudge those who have more points than me because they also have done the hard yards. It wasn't till last season that we started selling out cup games. As other people have suggested there are ample opportunities to build up your points totals. What is it with this generation where they want everything and they want it all now.

Eccles Blue said:
de niro said:

Well said de niro, this is more or less what I was trying to say in my posting about health and old age etc. This could be my last season for going to every match home and away, Britain and Europe, as I am having greater difficulty in walking and standing. But I am going to make the most of it especially when we get through all the rounds and edge closer and closer to the final of everything!! ;-)

Onwards and upwards with Manchester City, the Boys in Blue never give in.

exactly, when me and you have "moved on" there will be two high pointers gone and the next in line take our place. just as we have done years ago to people before us. that's life.

danebanksheik said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:

Good totals those - My lad is 16 and has 8500 - there are lots of lads of this age that have the points to show it can be done so why in ten years time should any of them lose out to someone who starts now? These are lads who were nippers when we moved to COMS and have put the time in, home and away, when the shite down the road were dominating the trophies, the TV, the press and the playground and we got excited about chinese superstars and third rate italian strikers.

I cant see, and more importantly he cant see, why he should have the same chance of a ticket in 10 years time as someone who has been going home and away for 30 years and similarly cant see why a lad who starts going now should have the same chance as him in 10 years time.

If we were talking about access to an unlimited commodity then there would be no problem but we are not. Match tickets are limited and access to them should be given to those whose points reflect their loyalty (which for me is a combination of length of service, games attended, forward commitment to the club). Our system works but I have been going for over 30 years and spent a fortune doing it so I would say that, wouldnt I.
Great post :) I always remember really giving all my rag mates a load of stick in 07/08 season when we beat them twice.

It does help though that my dad has like 13k points, so I can easily get tickets earlier than most.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:46 pm --<br /><br />
mostonbluemark said:
Sorry about this, but why don't people just admit that they want a guaranteed ticket for the OT Derby or Semi Final/Final tickets at Wembley. All this crap about coming up with a fairer system that entitles relatively new supporters to whore their way up the points table. Sometimes life is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes you have to do the hard yards and earn the right to things. I speak as someone with just shy of 8k points and I have earnt all those at the new stadium. That isn't to say I wasn't a season ticket holder at Maine Road. I was. I was also a regular at away matches so in some respects I have done the hard yards. I don't begrudge those who have more points than me because they also have done the hard yards. It wasn't till last season that we started selling out cup games. As other people have suggested there are ample opportunities to build up your points totals. What is it with this generation where they want everything and they want it all now.
Good post.

MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:
SWP's back said:

My son has 7800, and when he was a junior i was able to get him a ticket for away games at the same time as me, even though he didn't have the points, were you able to take advantage of that facility?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.