12,000 points first day of sale for Cardiff Away

I never get why such a big deal is made of this system.

I have about 7000 points, in CL and FA cup scheme and know that this guarantees me cup final tickets. Carling cup I don't bother with but would get a final ticket on points alone.

Away games I know I wouldn't get tickets for United away and a few others but it doesn't bother me at all.

I choose not to go to always other than the odd few due the cost, the lack of time and other things taking priority. If I want to watch an away, 80% are on the box now anyway so I get to see it.

When we won at the swamp 6-1 and 2-1, I wasn't there but believe me I was enjoying em just as much in the pub!

It's a fair system for me.

What about home games? coming down(3 of us in total) from Scotland between xmas and new year and would love to go to the game against Liverpool on Boxing day. What are the chances of getting tckets from somewhere? We are neutrals to be fair, just want to see the game.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I never get why such a big deal is made of this system.

I have about 7000 points, in CL and FA cup scheme and know that this guarantees me cup final tickets. Carling cup I don't bother with but would get a final ticket on points alone.

Away games I know I wouldn't get tickets for United away and a few others but it doesn't bother me at all.

I choose not to go to always other than the odd few due the cost, the lack of time and other things taking priority. If I want to watch an away, 80% are on the box now anyway so I get to see it.

When we won at the swamp 6-1 and 2-1, I wasn't there but believe me I was enjoying em just as much in the pub!

It's a fair system for me.

+1

dramsay said:
What about home games? coming down(3 of us in total) from Scotland between xmas and new year and would love to go to the game against Liverpool on Boxing day. What are the chances of getting tckets from somewhere? We are neutrals to be fair, just want to see the game.

Book hospitality.

danebanksheik said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:
Why the need for the 10 year rolling period, the club reward loyalty without it? Everyone has had the opportunity to get extra points by going platinum and signing up to all cup schemes, that's every season ticket holder.

There was a poster on here some time back who said there is an high percentage of season ticket holders who've never been to a cup game, that isn't showing the same loyalty as those that attend these fixtures, so why the need to punish those fans.

I've given you an example of how quickly points can be quickly amassed.

I remember the days when I couldn't get a united away ticket but in time I've claimed the ladder, likewise so will others, in time.

I've got 9700 and I'm 14, my mates got 8000 and he's 14 too

Good totals those - My lad is 16 and has 8500 - there are lots of lads of this age that have the points to show it can be done so why in ten years time should any of them lose out to someone who starts now? These are lads who were nippers when we moved to COMS and have put the time in, home and away, when the shite down the road were dominating the trophies, the TV, the press and the playground and we got excited about chinese superstars and third rate italian strikers.

I cant see, and more importantly he cant see, why he should have the same chance of a ticket in 10 years time as someone who has been going home and away for 30 years and similarly cant see why a lad who starts going now should have the same chance as him in 10 years time.

If we were talking about access to an unlimited commodity then there would be no problem but we are not. Match tickets are limited and access to them should be given to those whose points reflect their loyalty (which for me is a combination of length of service, games attended, forward commitment to the club). Our system works but I have been going for over 30 years and spent a fortune doing it so I would say that, wouldnt I.
They wouldn't lose out to someone who just starts now. If they have points now, they'll have even more then and won't lose out to anyone.

What people aren't getting neither is that in say another ten years time, if a kid has or hasn't been fortunate enough for their Dads to buy them their points, the threshold for away games could be up to 20000 points. So a youngster starting out then with nothing may have to wait 40 years before they can get to away games like Cardiff away.

With a rolling system they may only have to wait 20 years but they'd still have to wait a long time due to all the fans with loads of points who - again - won't have to worry about losing out because they won't as they'll always have the points in the bank.

I think the current system is fine.

If it were to be changes the only way I think it would work is that you lose points for matches not attended and gain them for matches attended. That way the people who are more active in attending will build points quickly and those who dont bother as much would drop points. Might also encourage people to go to the home cup games.

ell said:
Has it been taken off sale? Just logged in and it wont let me purchase?

They've taken it of to refund tickets to people who bought without the required points in the cock-up apparently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.