12,000 points first day of sale for Cardiff Away

Carl_Man_City said:
ell said:
Has it been taken off sale? Just logged in and it wont let me purchase?

They've taken it of to refund tickets to people who bought without the required points in the cock-up apparently
They said they were doing this for Ajax too, but didnt.

Slightly worried my 9800 wont get me a ticket tomorrow.

bigf42 said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
allan harper said:
Why the need for the 10 year rolling period, the club reward loyalty without it? Everyone has had the opportunity to get extra points by going platinum and signing up to all cup schemes, that's every season ticket holder.

There was a poster on here some time back who said there is an high percentage of season ticket holders who've never been to a cup game, that isn't showing the same loyalty as those that attend these fixtures, so why the need to punish those fans.

I've given you an example of how quickly points can be quickly amassed.

I remember the days when I couldn't get a united away ticket but in time I've claimed the ladder, likewise so will others, in time.

I've got 9700 and I'm 14, my mates got 8000 and he's 14 too

My son has 7800, and when he was a junior i was able to get him a ticket for away games at the same time as me, even though he didn't have the points, were you able to take advantage of that facility?
Yeah, fortunately my dad has around 13k.

bluesmith said:
Carl_Man_City said:
ell said:
Has it been taken off sale? Just logged in and it wont let me purchase?

They've taken it of to refund tickets to people who bought without the required points in the cock-up apparently

I can reassure people that this has been done. My lad's ticket purchase has been cancelled, refunded, and removed from his purchase history/loyalty points. Which is the correct thing to do.

Regular Joe said:
bluesmith said:
Carl_Man_City said:

I can reassure people that this has been done. My lad's ticket purchase has been cancelled, refunded, and removed from his purchase history/loyalty points. Which is the correct thing to do.

I can confirm same has happened to my mate as well, he's eligible tomorrow anyhow so should be fine

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I never get why such a big deal is made of this system.

I have about 7000 points, in CL and FA cup scheme and know that this guarantees me cup final tickets. Carling cup I don't bother with but would get a final ticket on points alone.

Away games I know I wouldn't get tickets for United away and a few others but it doesn't bother me at all.

I choose not to go to always other than the odd few due the cost, the lack of time and other things taking priority. If I want to watch an away, 80% are on the box now anyway so I get to see it.

When we won at the swamp 6-1 and 2-1, I wasn't there but believe me I was enjoying em just as much in the pub!

It's a fair system for me.
Could have written that myself...spot on, exactly the situation I'm in and know I haven't got enough points for Utd away anymore but can get to most away if I want to...often I don't as I have other priorities, so for me it's fair the others that do go every game get first shout at the big away games with lowish allocations. Still get to wembley and still have my memories of OT when Brightwell scored, Benjamin scored, curle pen...someone else's turn now, that's life.

de niro said:
SWP's back said:
de niro said:
don't know why there is always moaning about loyalty points. they have been built up over the last 11 years (ish) we've only been any good for 3 maybe 4 years at best. people with low points had 6 years prior to us getting rich to attend games and build points up. odd that they didn't.

the people I know with points now in the bag couldn't give a flying fuck about them, either now or back then. we had no idea whether we'd ever reach a cup final again, let alone vie for the title or the champions league. we went to watch city, quite often on the end of another defeat. then the money came. as did the moaners.
So you wouldn't mind a rolling ten year period then?

Also, people with lots of money tend not to worry about money either, it's the way of the world.

All that happened is that 11 years ago those attending home and away were forever crystallised at the top.

and rightly so. the games so hence the points were available to all. but of course we were bobbins, now that we are a good side out comes the "loyalty points aren't fair" comments. they were there to be had.

Agree with everything you said de niro. The name is a clue as well......"Loyalty points". They haven't been accumulated by just doing Wigan away or Blackburn. As much as I sympathise with those who miss out on tickets, to be fair very few games away last season sold out straight away.

Extra criteria announced - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2013/August/Cardiff-v-City-Premier-League-Ticket-information" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... nformation</a> Suppose it is hard to gauge demand for the first away of the season.

Got mine this morning and can't wait now, got a mate who has just under 8000 points and was a bit worried but looks like there must be a fair few left if they expect sales to continue for at least a couple more days.

cityneil51 said:
de niro said:
SWP's back said:
So you wouldn't mind a rolling ten year period then?

Also, people with lots of money tend not to worry about money either, it's the way of the world.

All that happened is that 11 years ago those attending home and away were forever crystallised at the top.

and rightly so. the games so hence the points were available to all. but of course we were bobbins, now that we are a good side out comes the "loyalty points aren't fair" comments. they were there to be had.

Agree with everything you said de niro. The name is a clue as well......"Loyalty points". They haven't been accumulated by just doing Wigan away or Blackburn. As much as I sympathise with those who miss out on tickets, to be fair very few games away last season sold out straight away.

Could not agree more. As for all those that are complaining about the system there was plenty of room at Reading away last year you could have top your points up with.

the originalkippaxman said:
cityneil51 said:
de niro said:

Could not agree more. As for all those that are complaining about the system there was plenty of room at Reading away last year you could have top your points up with.

You missed me, Mr originalkippax man *waves*........ I was on the front row, with about three people around me!!

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.