13 May 2012: Aguero + Tyler's commentary

I only ever watched the whole game back once. I hated every second of the second half up until injury time (barring the Barton red card)

It made me relive the frustration and utter depression I’d got to by the 85th minute. The euphoria of it happening in replay wasn’t as high as it was live and didn’t justify me feeling that low again.

The documentaries about it are much better,
We kinda got away with it that day. It was, on the whole, an underwhelming performance. I'm guessing the occasion got to quite a few of the team. No one was particularly shit, they were just meh.

We went to pot when Yaya went off injured. We’d have won about 3-0 had he stayed on, the rest shriveled with the responsibility without him. We were bloody awful in that second half… but never gave up!

I always watch it when it’s on though.

We kinda got away with it that day. It was, on the whole, an underwhelming performance. I'm guessing the occasion got to quite a few of the team. No one was particularly shit, they were just meh.

We were lousy. Once we went 1-0 up, it should have relaxed us into playing our natural game that we'd been playing all season. The players were nervous, the crowd was nervous, the one fed into the other negatively — it had been forty four years! (Mancini doing his nut on the touchline didn't help, either).
Those three or four minutes of bedlam were certainly the most intense I've ever had in following City. Same for everyone, I imagine.

Last edited:
Sat in a bar in playa blanca, Lanzarote watching that again and fucking blubbing, again, I’ve had a few mind but fuck me those clips get me every time.. Back here tomorrow for the Fulham game .. CTID and beyond..

We were lousy. Once we went 1-0 up, it should have relaxed us into playing our natural game that we'd been playing all season. The players were nervous, the crowd was nervous, the one fed into the other negatively — it had been forty four years! (Mancini doing his nut on the touchline didn't help, either).
Those three or four minutes of bedlam were certainly the most intense I've ever had in following City. Same for everyone, I imagine.
I was fortunate enough to be there. The sickly feeling going into injury time was truly horrific. But the utter joy when, you know, will (in my opinion) never be matched. The ridiculous 180° swing in mood in that 200 seconds had to be experienced to understand it. The opening 12 seconds at Wembley last year was also quite enjoyable (!) . But I suppose the fact that it broke a 44 year title famine makes 2012 extra special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.