13 May 2012: Aguero + Tyler's commentary

Listen to any game we scored in in more recent times and the **** barely gets above a whisper, someone score against us and he has a screaming orgasm. Clearly either hated us, or was paid to hate us
I think he tended to support the underdog in games not including the rags or dippers. Whether that was consciously or subconsciously, only he knows.

It makes more or a story for Sky too.

That Ji scream will be in my head for eternity.

I still squirm at the reception Tyler was given at the Aguero anniversary that City held at freight island..
Very small time
The guys a red cartel loving ****.
His miserable commentary and his depressing tone whenever commentating on us means he got the reception he deserved.

I still squirm at the reception Tyler was given at the Aguero anniversary that City held at freight island..
Very small time

I was there. It wasn't small time as he had tended to put us down for years in his commentary. It was a step too far throwing a drink over him however. As we were there to celebrate the Aguero moment and his commentary will always be remembered alongside it, perhaps we could have been a little more magnanimous towards him on the night.

Dear all,
Born and raised in Amsterdam, supporting PSV Eindhoven, opening a new thread on this Blue Moon Forum. Thanks!

Two of the most insane minutes in stoppage time must have been City-QPR match in 2012. For me, as a Dutch fan, I am mesmerized by Tyler's commentary. But, if I'm right when reading the comments, Tyler's commentary isn't your favorite? Did I understand that corrrectly? Is it because Tyler is supporting ManU (I'm assuming?). Or: what's the best commentary regardering these two insane minutes?

Greetings from Amsterdam!

For us at the game the commentary isn’t quite as important. We knew that we’d just witnessed one of the greatest footballing moments in history.

To say it was exhausting for us fans is a huge understatement. The noise in the ground when Sergio scored was incredible. What a day.

For us at the game the commentary isn’t quite as important. We knew that we’d just witnessed one of the greatest footballing moments in history.

To say it was exhausting for us fans is a huge understatement. The noise in the ground when Sergio scored was incredible. What a day.
Mark Hughes said it was the loudest noise he'd ever heard in a football stadium !!

Dear all,
Born and raised in Amsterdam, supporting PSV Eindhoven, opening a new thread on this Blue Moon Forum. Thanks!

Two of the most insane minutes in stoppage time must have been City-QPR match in 2012. For me, as a Dutch fan, I am mesmerized by Tyler's commentary. But, if I'm right when reading the comments, Tyler's commentary isn't your favorite? Did I understand that corrrectly? Is it because Tyler is supporting ManU (I'm assuming?). Or: what's the best commentary regardering these two insane minutes?

Greetings from Amsterdam!
Being in the ground at that time I never knew about that commentary until the days after it happened. But Tyler was superb in commentary for that goal, he was brought to tears when talking about it as the pinnacle of his career in an interview. He also visited Agüero and gave him a present for providing him with that moment as a commentator. I think he’s a genuine bloke and a lover of football.

The most iconic commentary moment in English football since, ‘some people are on the pitch, they think it’s all over… it is now’.

He was also the commentator for our late promotion clinching goal that Trevor Morley scored at Bradford in 1989.

Some fans don’t like Tyler for his unenthusiastic commentary for other goals we’ve scored. For me, he was alright when it came to City. He was never one for sly digs like you get from other commentators. He just used to keep fairly calm when surrounded by United or Liverpool fans at Old Trafford or Anfield as I think he had a bit of an over-respect for or a fear of their fans in the stand around him. It was nothing more than that.

I’d noticed over the years that he was quiet for a lot of goals scored by away teams at a lot of grounds. It’s telling that there was a ‘Martin Tyler hates Liverpool’ thread on their main fans forum, yet City fans would claim he was a massive Liverpool lover and went mad for them. People hear what they want to hear sometimes.

There was an event on in Manchester that commemorated that title win and Tyler was invited down and was booed by some City fans there. He looked a bit confused when that happened. He genuinely didn’t understand why he was being booed, which tells me there was genuinely no purposeful or meaningful disappointment within him when City scored goals and he sounded a bit laidback about it.

I thought that was a bit bitter really from those booing and made us look like oversensitive dicks to be honest. Sometimes we need to get our head out of our arses as a fanbase. Not everyone is out to get us and not everyone has an agenda against us. Sometimes there will have been other reasons for him not always going wild when City scored. Our bench at Anfield has been spat at and had coins thrown at them, maybe Tyler just knew who he was surrounded by for those David Silva goals there that everyone remembers his commentary of. I thought we were better than that as a fanbase.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.