13 May 2012: Aguero + Tyler's commentary

Roel Smit

Team supported
PSV Eindhoven
Dear all,
Born and raised in Amsterdam, supporting PSV Eindhoven, opening a new thread on this Blue Moon Forum. Thanks!

Two of the most insane minutes in stoppage time must have been City-QPR match in 2012. For me, as a Dutch fan, I am mesmerized by Tyler's commentary. But, if I'm right when reading the comments, Tyler's commentary isn't your favorite? Did I understand that corrrectly? Is it because Tyler is supporting ManU (I'm assuming?). Or: what's the best commentary regardering these two insane minutes?

Greetings from Amsterdam!

Not sure where you've picked that up from. All of us will never forget that day, either in the stadium, in the pub or watching on telly, and we all have the commentary imbedded in our minds whenever we watch it back (many 1000 times so far).

Tyler's commentary over the years after 2012 on Sky tended to follow whatever the story was, and as City repeated winning the Prem, it became clear that he preferred to commentate on odds-busting events, so comments on City scoring became almost funereal and anyone scoring against us became screaming events... hence why a lot of people turned against him.

Given the choice between him and the current bloke who thinks commentary is shouting the full name of anyone taking a shot near the goal, and I'd have Tyler back in a heartbeat.

Not sure where you've picked that up from. All of us will never forget that day, either in the stadium, in the pub or watching on telly, and we all have the commentary imbedded in our minds whenever we watch it back (many 1000 times so far).

Tyler's commentary over the years after 2012 on Sky tended to follow whatever the story was, and as City repeated winning the Prem, it became clear that he preferred to commentate on odds-busting events, so comments on City scoring became almost funereal and anyone scoring against us became screaming events... hence why a lot of people turned against him.

Given the choice between him and the current bloke who thinks commentary is shouting the full name of anyone taking a shot near the goal, and I'd have Tyler back in a heartbeat.
Thank you so much! Is there, as a city-fan, a more memorable commentary than this moment, according to you?

Dear all,
Born and raised in Amsterdam, supporting PSV Eindhoven, opening a new thread on this Blue Moon Forum. Thanks!

Two of the most insane minutes in stoppage time must have been City-QPR match in 2012. For me, as a Dutch fan, I am mesmerized by Tyler's commentary. But, if I'm right when reading the comments, Tyler's commentary isn't your favorite? Did I understand that corrrectly? Is it because Tyler is supporting ManU (I'm assuming?). Or: what's the best commentary regardering these two insane minutes?

Greetings from Amsterdam!
I've got it as my ringtone - nothing will ever beat those lines even if I can't stand him

Drury wasn't too bad. He was doing the international commentary that day.

Cheesy broke his microphone after city scored IIRC?

It was a moment of perfect commentary for the perfect sporting moment.
Tyler is a bit of a dick, but I believe his later actions just mirrored his employers directives. I don't believe he has a City negative vibe around him. He's just playing to the audience.
Although, the red tops don't have that attitude to them when being commentated on; strange that.

Ji Dong-won scored for sunderland against us and tyler ... well ... have a listen yourself

i know it was an injury time winner against moneybags city but.. dear o dear

When Aguero left, Tyler visited him at the CFA and gifted him his notes from that game, that he’d had framed. Tyler will forever be remembered for that bit of commentary.

One of the happiest moments in my life. It’ll never ever be beaten by any other club. No club will win the league like that again under those circumstances.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.